❀┆ 19

CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19

──────────⊱⁜⊰──────────

"Yah! Lee Felix, give me back my phone!"

"No! Not until you admit you like him!"

Seungmin and Felix's yelling were the first thing Minho was faced with the moment he got downstairs. He paused as he watched Seungmin chasing his little brother around the table, his hands extended forward as he tried to reach over it.

It was too early for him so Minho decided to ignore them as he followed the beautiful smell of breakfast coming from the kitchen. Jisung was behind the human boy, his hands hidden in his pockets "Hungry, baby?"

Minho scrunched his nose but didn't turn around to look at the vampire "Don't call me that." he took a seat on one of the chairs greeting the other four while doing so. He noticed Hyunjin was too close to Jeongin, trying to get his attention by doing puppy eyes but the youngest didn't seem to bother much, "Everything good between you two after all?"

Jeongin gave him a nod before groaning when Hyunjin started to get touchy "Stop hugging me, I didn't give you my permission" he slapped his hands away and Jisung chuckled, sitting down next to Minho "Like father, like son" he remarked, glancing at the boy beside him.

Minho raised a brow and placed his elbow on the table as he rested his chin on his hand "Do you have a problem with my parenting methods?" The vampire copied his action with a playful smirk "Actually that attitude of yours is the only problem, darling, but you're lucky I can handle it so well"

Minho rolled his eyes.

"Minho hyung why are you wearing a hoodie? Isn't it too hot?" Jeongin tilted his head and the older waved his hand as if saying 'no'.

"Breakfast is ready!" Chan shouted, mostly to Seungmin and Felix who weren't in the same room. While Chan was placing the food in front of each one, Jisung leaned in and whispered something at Minho who made him turn red and smacked his arm.

Once Felix and Seungmin were on the table and everything was served, Chan sat down as well and they all started to eat. However, the boys were confused since they noticed the vampires only had flask bottles and no food.

"Aren't you guys hungry?" Felix asked as he tilted his head, Jeongin nodding his head "Yeah, you didn't make anything for you"

The four vampires shared an awkward look with each other before Chan nervously chuckled "Well, uh, you see-" he cleared his throat and took a look inside of the bottle "We are hungry that's why we have these" he pointed at the bottles but the two boys didn't seem to get it.

Seungmin sighed since he already figured what they were drinking, I mean, they were vampires what else could they possibly be drinking? Minho called out Jeongin and his brother's name and when he got their attention he said, "Blood, idiots. They drink blood"

Felix looked at Jeongin with an expressionless face before they turned back to their breakfast. The rest just watched them while waiting for a reaction but they never got one so they all minded their own business. Little did they know the two boys were internal screaming because they weren't used to hang out with people who consider blood as their favourite thing to drink.

"Jeongin, don't you have college to attend? Are you dropping out?"

Jeongin looked up at Chan for a second as he thought about what he was going to do. He really wanted to continue his education but somehow he felt more comfortable with staying with the four and his friends. He was going to risk it, "Yeah" he simply said and took another bite of his food.

The oldest hummed and wiped the corner of Hyunjin mouth with a paper towel where a small drop of blood was visible "Do you parents know?"

"My parents don't live with me anymore and I don't think they would care anyways"

"He lives with me" Seungmin informed them since he figured they were going to ask the younger if his parents left him to live all alone with no one to take care of him.

"You guys have some serious parent issues" Hyunjin commented and received a confused expression from Jisung "Why, who else has parent issues? Except us, I mean"

"Minho and Felix. I heard him when he talked to Chan about-"

He immediately closed his mouth when he saw Chan glare at him as he also stepped on his foot to make him stop. Everyone was now looking at the two siblings who had gotten a little too quiet after that. Jisung was glancing at Minho, his eyes full of concern as he placed his hand on the human's thigh gently "What happened with your parents..?"

Minho swallowed the food and focused his gaze on the empty plate in front of him while Felix tried to hold back his tears, not really liking the topic. "They died.. That's all" he then stood up, Han's hand falling off of his thigh while doing so, and nodded his head at Chan "Thank you for the food. I will go take a walk now, if you don't mind"

They watched him leave the room with small frowns on their faces and a few seconds later they heard the door close. Felix also stood up and without looking up at anyone, he muttered "I'm going back to the bedroom, I still feel a little tired"

When he was out of sight, Hyunjin turned to Jeongin and Seungmin and questioned "Is this my fault?" he frowned and the other two shook their heads. Seungmin sighed and replied "Don't worry about it. They're just not over it yet"

"Obviously"

Jisung's eyes were still glued to where Minho went and he excused himself, deciding to follow the boy. Mostly because he didn't want the other one to be outside all by himself, even if it was morning.

Changbin who had just finished his food patted Hyunjin's shoulder "You didn't do anything wrong. But now you should know not to bring up sensitive topics cause someone might still get sad about it" he got up and started cleaning the table since Chan had gone upstairs to comfort Felix.

Seungmin helped him clean while Jeongin and Hyunjin left the room to not bother them.

.❀。• *₊°。°.。• *₊°。 ❀°