❀┆ 21

CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

──────────⊱⁜⊰──────────

Minho took a sip of his water and began explaining, "Our parents died last year in a car crash and Felix and I have been living alone ever since then. I had to get a job when I went to high school because they weren't exactly 'parent material' and after our mom's incident where she fell down the stairs and injured her foot badly she couldn't walk properly so she just quitted her job. She gave up on herself, on us, on everything" he sighed "Not even a job from home"

"What about your dad?" Jisung questioned, already not liking where this was going.

"Our dad was an alchoholic. At first it wasn't that bad, I mean he would drink only at night cause he got work in the morning but eventually it changed and he would drink 24/7 so he got fired obviously. There wasn't any other choice, I had to do something.." he looked forward at the lake "If not for my parents then for Felix. He was still young, I didn't want him to go through hard stuff because he's sensitive and it would just- cause him harm"

"I already felt bad that he had to stay home alone with our parents because we could see they didn't care for us so much anymore but we still loved them. One time when I got back from work I found Felix crying on my bed because he got a nightmare in which our parents became abusive both mentally and physically. And it scared him so much he couldn't calm down for at least one and a half hour"

"I had promised myself to get enough money to at least manage to find a small apartment for the two of us to move out so he wouldn't have to worry about our parents but with my shitty job that promise was broken. They never paid me enough, it was unfair because I was working for so damn long"

Jisung narrowed his eyes slightly and glanced at Minho's side profile since the other refused to look at him for now "So you've been working in that cafe for 8 years and they still don't pay you enough?"

The other boy nodded lightly "Well I used to work there, I quitted. But yeah, it was for 8 years. It was too long I know" he went back to the main topic, "Years passed and Felix would get nightmares almost every night and it was painful to hear him through the phone crying and asking for me to come back home. I tried leaving work earlier than usual but my boss was an asshole and would make me stay even longer."

Jisung wasn't really the best at comforting people but he tried his best by rubbing Minho's back soothingly. The latter appreciated it.

"One day Felix called me while I was at work and he was panicking and sobbing and I didn't know what was going on. I thought it was another nightmare but he told me he got a call from the police station and then–"

"Minho.."

He didn't realize he had small tears running down his cheeks until Jisung cut him off and brought his hand up to gently wipe them away, "You can stop, you know. You don't have to continue, I get it"

Minho shook his head and let out a shaky breath, hating the fact he was crying again in front of someone, "No, I.. I want to get it off of my chest because I have to get over it eventually"

"Getting over your parents' death isn't something easy, Minho. You have to take your time with that, it's impossible"

Minho shook his head again and kept on talking, "We were informed our parents didn't survive the car crash. And the worst thing is it was their own actions who brought them there because our dad was drunk as always and our mom–" he hiccuped "I don't know, she didn't give a damn about herself? Our dad? About us–"

"Okay, stop, Minho. It's okay, don't continue" Jisung didn't want him to continue, seeing as he was already breaking down again and it was too sad to watch it. He was about to compel him to stop thinking about it so he wouldn't cause himself more pain but he had promised himself if he wanted Minho to still like him after the creepy stuff he did he wouldn't do this ever again.

Unless it was necessary.

So, he only pulled him on his chest and let him cry about it for as long as he wanted. He wouldn't leave him alone even for a minute after this conversation and he had just realized why he was acting all tough and strong in front of the others.

He was just a broken boy who lost his loved one's love. And judging by what he had told Jisung when they were taking a bath he probably thought he would never feel loved by anyone but his brother and his two friends again.

Acting like a cold person is his defense to not get hurt again.

Million thoughts were running in Jisung's mind while still holding a sobbing Minho in his arms.

.❀。• *₊°。°.。• *₊°。 ❀°

Ahh feels good to be back to this story