Chapter 53. Don't Look Back (part 1) ⚠️ Rated T

Hello, dear readers! It's Luna. Don't worry, although I changed the font of the title, it's still the same story. Tell me if you like the font or not! Also, extreme trigger warning for this chapter. very graphic on Luna's POV. Summary: Harry rescues Luna. Skip this chapter if you don't want to be traumatised my Ginny's torturing of Luna. 

Luna's POV 

I didn't know how long I had been in this hell on earth. 

Relentless jeering, mocking. The pain and humiliation.

Arms covered with cuts. Blood and bile in a puddle on the floor. 

Starving. Thirsty. 

Seeing a betrayer, a fallen angel torture you. 

Hell couldn't be this bad. 

"Hello, Luna." A rough voice said.

I hadn't heard that voice before. It was metallic, and sounded like someone scratching their nails on a whiteboard. Banshee-like. 

I turned my head weakly. A huge mound of a werewolf loomed before me. 

"Gr-Greyback?" I murmured. My hands rose instinctively to my face. I tried to get up. 

The werewolf laughed a harsh laugh. "No, not Greyback. Conri. King of the Werewolves."

I stood up, but my fractured knees screamed and I collapsed again, landing heavily on my dislocated shoulder. I let out a squeal of pain.

"Hm. Cute girl. You're lucky you get to be in the presence of a actually noble werewolf." 

I coughed up blood. "Of course you're noble." 

I saw his yellow eyes darken. He glanced at a Risener at the door, who nodded.

"Pity you're so pretty." He snarled. 

He pounced on me.

I screamed. His claws digged into my flesh. Warm, hot blood poured from the wound. I sobbed with despair and agony. 

"Stop." I whispered. 

I raised my hand weakly, and brought it, with the remaining force I had, onto his right eye.

It was meant as a defiant punch, but he barely flinched. 

He pushed my hand onto the ground, hard. I heard something crack. The pain came, but it was cancelled out by a stronger pain in my shoulders.

 I didn't remember what my reaction was. I passed out.

My only blurred memory of the incident was a deafening sound of a window crash open, and a sound of howling.

Harry's POV (this one is overall okay.)

Hermione and I Bombarda Maxima'd open the front door. We ran through the halls, our footsteps echoing on the wooden floorboards. 

My ears were perked for sounds from Luna. 

Suddenly, Hermione tripped on a groove on the floor and fell, head-first on the ground. 

I helped her up. Groaning slightly, she inspected the floorboard. 

It was a square piece with a hinge.

A trapdoor.

We couldn't bomb the trapdoor. They might hear us.

I urged Hermione out of the way and pried at the gap with my fingers. 

It was bolted shut.

"Harry, it has to be some enchantment placed on the lock. A password or something..." 

The lock clicked open. 

"Never thought that somebody would use 'password' as their password, but here we are." I muttered. Hermione forced a smile.

I lowered myself down the hole. Scrambling down the ladder, I checked on Hermione, her face pale in the ghostly light of the few torches.

My feet touched the ground. I jumped off, landing with a soft thud onto the wooden floor.

Hermione jumped after me. She looked absolutely terrified.

'Hey...are you okay?' I asked.

'Nothing. Just-' she shuddered. 'Brings back memories.'

'Oh.' I said lamely. 

To my surprise, she held her arms for a hug.

I hugged her. Platonically. 

'I just- I really thought that we could lead a normal life after Vo-Voldemort. We couldn't.' She sniffled. 'I wish that we could simply be normal wizards and witches, leading a happy life. It's unfair.'

She released me.

'I'm sorry. I shouldn't- Luna- sorry.' Hermione said.

'It's going to be fine. Everything is, okay? Trust me.'

She smiled, and we both ran down the corridor, footsteps echoing loudly on the floor boards. It felt like a million people were running with us as well.

We came to a dead end. 

'Are you sure it's here?' Hermione asked. 

I shook my head.

'Should we turn back, or- ack!' She screamed as a purple mist/fog enveloped her. 

I yelled in shock. 'Who's there?' 

'Me.' A familiar voice, though tinged with cruelty, rang in the hall.

I spun around, trying to locate the voice. 

'Ginny? What have you done to Luna? Give her back!' I shouted at the wall. 

'Oh, she came willingly. Also, I've seen what you did to Ron. Smooth move, but you didn't foil any of my plans.'

I snarled. 'She came willingly- only because I didn't!'

'We knew that. We were hoping for you to come, but instead, Loony came. I mean- not ideal, but Master said that we could sample her nature powers and control the earth! Delightful, eh?'

She laughed- cackled in a very un-Ginny-like way. 

I heard a thump. It was Hermione. Her lips were turning purple. I realised that the purplish mist was suffocating her.

'Diffindo!' The mist didn't budge.

'Bomabarda!' I yelled. The mist shattered. Hermione fell out, gasping and wheezing. She lay on the floor, panting.

I grabbed her. 'You okay?'

'Yes. Now go kill Ginny.' She stood up. 

'Oh! Hello Hermione. I told Ron that you died. It was a lie of course, but I really want to make it come true."

Hermione drew her wand. "You either choose easy death, or you choose hard death. I used to like you a lot, Ginerva. Who are you now? You tortured your brother. You are slowly killing your ex-best friend. And now you want to take another life? You nearly killed your mother. I didn't want to kill you, but you are evil. I can finally see you as an enemy."

Ginny smiled. Her face bore no remorse at all. "Okay. Then you dying is an option, right?" She snarled. 

"No, it isn't. Stupefy!" Hermione yelled. 

We circled around Ginny again, playing a deadly game of weaving spells. 

It went on forever. I'm pretty sure the only reason I stayed alive was because I knew I was staying alive for Luna. 

Finally, either two on one was too exhausting for Ginny, or she just got hit by a spell, she collapsed. Hermione kicked her in the glueteus maximus as she ran over her.