nine

Haneul's POV

"Right this way.." The hostess said as she guided us through the restaurant. She seated us and gave us menus before bowing and saying that a waiter would be coming to write down our order.

The restaurant was pretty fancy and the food on the menu seems to be expensive as well.

"Order anything you want Haneul, it's on me." Yoongi said and I looked at him. "Y-you don't have to.." I said and he shook his head. "I insist, pick whatever you want." He said, I just nodded.

A waiter came by and took our food order, Yoongi also requested some champagne. The waiter bows and leaves, he then came back with champagne and glasses.

He poured us a glass and then left. "Enjoy the champagne Haneul, it's a good brand." Yoongi said as he took a sip. "Thank you, b-but I don't drink much, it's to help maintain my voice." I said and he nods. "Just a glass then okay?" He said.
I decided not to protest and just took a sip.

"So Haneul, you have a younger brother right?" He asked. "Yes, his name is Jungwon."

"I see, how old is he?" He asked as he sipped more of the champagne. "He's eighteen and he's graduating from high school soon."

"Does he have a college in mind?" "Yes, University of Seoul."

"Wow, one of the top schools, I graduated from there." He said. "Really?" I said and he hummed in response. The waiter came back with our food, we started to eat while making small talk. "Can I ask you something Haneul?" Yoongi asks.

"Of course.."

"I'm sorry if this is too personal, but why did you even date Daniel?" He asked and I froze.

"You don't have to answer if it's uncomfortable for you." He assured, I just shook my head. "No i-it's fine..actually at first when I met Daniel, he was good to me, treated me well. But few months later, he started to be..violent.." I said looking away.

"I didn't end the relationship because I thought he could change, but he never did, sorry...you must think so low of me now." I said embarrassed. "No, I don't. You cared for him and didn't want to leave him, it was his fault for not treating you better." He said, in a serious way, I smiled slightly.

"How did the relationship end if I may ask?"

"Me and him were having an argument, my brother Jungwon came back from school and saw us arguing. Jungwon tried to step in to break up our fight but that just angered Daniel and he ended up punching my brother." I said, a little angry.

He hurt my brother and I couldn't stand that.

"I ended the relationship and called the police, he spent a day in jail but paid bail. He bothered me when I still worked for the other bar."

"You've been through so much with that bastard, sorry about the word but it's the most censored word I can describe him with." He said and I shook my head. "It's alright.." I said. "Well you don't need to worry about him, I can assure you he won't even come near you."

"Thank you Yoongi.."

"You don't have to thank me Haneul."

We finished our food and Yoongi paid our bill, we left the restaurant and got in the car. We drove to the bar, it was still early before opening but we needed to set up a bit before it opens.

Yoongi parks his car and we walked in the bar, as we entered some of the staff that were already there stared at us.

Uh oh.

I hope they don't get any ideas.

"Everyone! Please gather in front." Yoongi announces. Everybody followed and stood at the front. "Last night's grand opening was successful, even with the unfortunate incident and I would like to thank you all for working really hard." Yoongi said, everyone clapped their hands in happiness, I smiled.

"Now I want that same effort for tonight and the following more nights, you may now go back to setting up. Thanks again." Everyone bowed and went back to work, Yoongi turns to me.

"You get ready for tonight, okay Haneul?" He said and I nodded. "T-thank you for the lunch today.." I said and bowed before walking to the dressing room.

As I entered, I shut the door, placing my stuff on the floor. I sat down on the couch, grabbed a pillow and squealed into it.

Did I really just have lunch with my attractive boss??

The door suddenly opens, revealing Chungha. "Girl, what was that?!" She said in disbelief. "Can you at least knock Chungha?" I said, throwing the pillow at her, she caught it and shut the door.

"Okay sorry! But what was that?? You walked in with Yoongi and said something to him before going in here!" She said and sat next to me. I sighed.

"Alright, I'm gonna tell you but please don't freak out or tell anyone?" "Oh shit, this is serious huh? I'm listening."

I inhaled before exhaling. "Yoongi sent me flowers this morning."

"What?!"

"And we went out for lunch awhile ago."

"WHAT?!"

"Shhh! Quiet down a bit!" I said covering her mouth, she moves my hand from her mouth. "You went out with our boss??" She said more quietly now, I nodded. "Oh shit, so that Daniel incident from last night did mean something." She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Well, all the staff from last night saw the scene Daniel caused and Yoongi knocking him out cold, but what they couldn't get over was when Yoongi was being protective and sweet to you." She explained and my eyes widened.

"Protective and sweet? In what way?"

"They saw how Yoongi placed his coat on your shoulders, how he dealt with Daniel even though he could've had the bouncers do it and how he told you to sit with him after the incident. Also they heard that Yoongi drove you home." She further explained. "Gosh...everyone at work is gonna see me as an attention seeker for our boss." I whined and hugged a pillow, sulking.

"Actually...we're kind of shipping you two." Chungha said and I looked at her. "Shipping..?"

"Yeah, you see after we heard what Daniel did to you in the past before, we were worried about you not being able to find someone that was right for you because of what happened. But after we found out that you and Yoongi were getting closer to each other, we were hopeful and excited. We want you to be happy Haneul." Chungha said. I smiled.

"Thank you Chungha, do you think me and Yoongi...could be together?" I asked, hesitantly. "Heck yeah, he really likes you and cares about you too."

I guess.