Chapter 5

"What did I told you? We shouldn't had entered the portal."

"Shut up Adrian."

Once again...our heroes were faced with the same tropical and poisonous plants. The two different paths, once again visible from each side.

They were once more...at their starting point.

"Just great...," complained Lilith and Rosemary shook negatively her head.

"There's no point being bitter about it. Let's try again and do our best to find a way out of here."

Matthew showed a small scowl and then walked beside the pink haired girl, his right palm resting on the girl's shoulder, "She's right, you know. Let's try going the other way instead," suggested Matthew as he pointed at the filled with poisonous flowers path.

"You must be kidding, right? It's filled with poisonous flowers, you damn fucking idiot. We can't go in there," warned cruelly Lilith as she shook roughly his hand off Rosemary, "The last time we listened to you, we achieved nothing. Now we are all back here, starting from 0! And who even made you the leader here anyway?!" she yelled, each sentence louder than the last. Her grip on Matthew's wrist tightening.

"I think you said enough," spoke Adrian in a lowered voice. His poker faced expression remaining unchanged, but his eyes in the other hand screamed danger.

"Everyone calm down! There's no point into fighting each other... Our top priority, is to finish the second trial and stay alive until the very end," scolded Rosemary and Lilith gave her a saddened frown, now letting go of Matthew's hand.

"...Whatever."

"...Come on... Let's move," spoke Matthew softly as they all finally started walking towards the seemingly poisonous and bright path.

"Wait...," thought Matthew with clearly startled eyes as he immediately stopped walking further inside the path.

"That smell...," noted Adrian while taking a few sniffs of the dark purple fog that surrounded the whole area. Its exotic and intoxicating sweet aroma filling his lungs.

"E-everyone! Stay back!" warned Lilith loudly with her voice trembling in anxiety and fear for the worse.

"Shit!" cursed Matthew as he fell on his knees. His breathing becoming fainter and fainter and his head slowly becoming dizzy.

His best friend and Rosemary were no exception. They too, started showing the very exact same problems.

Except for Lilith.

The girl with the extraordinary bloody eyes, grabbed a few petals of the flowers into the palm of her hands and rushed straight towards Rosemary.

"Just hang in there...," whispered Lilith as she took out from her black clutch bag a very sharp silver knife with bloody red roses carved on the handle. She quickly scratched her flesh and let her very own drops of blood fall into the flower petals. The colorful petals, along with the blood, magically turning into a red liquid.

Lilith held carefully Rosemary's head and helped her drink the antidote. In seconds, the pink-haired woman turned back to normal, not longer being affected by the intoxicating aroma from the poisonous flowers.

It didn't took long for Lilith to do the same for the rest. Even if her calming face never wavered, the cold sweat on her forehead showed how much anxious she was. She was glad that it was finally over, but she didn't know for how long...

"Thank goodness... We are alive...!" cheered Matthew as he fell to the ground while taking long and deep breaths, "I almost died by flowers...," he then realized and a long sigh escaped his mouth.