Chapter 19

"Now I will announce the name of the Gods and their trainees!"

Just then, the first to step forward was a Goddess with long blonde, almost yellowish, hair and a long sleeve plain white dress. Gray broken shackles were resting on her foot ankles but despite that, her kind eyes still looked optimistically towards the crowd.

"Hope! The Goddess of Hope!" announced Luna and she then turned to look towards a specific timid girl from the crowd, "And her trainee!" she said and motioned for the girl to step in front of the Goddess. By pure instinct, the girl bowed down in front of the Goddess of Hope.

"Flora! The Goddess of Flowers!" she voiced loudly and Matthew looked at a beautiful woman with a long golden and baby blue dress that matched her long wavy baby pink hair. Her green irises and golden pupils were glaring down at the humans in disgust "And her trainee!" she voiced loudly and everyone turned to look suprised at Lilith.

"Eh?! You have to be kidding me!"

"Aren't you supposed to be grateful? If only I was in your position...," cursed a random person from beside Lilith and she glared at him. Still, she knew better than making those so called Gods wait for her. She gave one last smile at Rosemary and the rest, and walked off on top of the stage and bowed before the annoying Goddess.

"Terros! The God of Earth...!" she then voiced and showed a god with bronze skin with brown hair and gray with gold details attire like dress, "Ventosis! The God of Wind...!" she continued motioning towards a God with long gray hair and gray dress that was floating slightly in the air, "Igneous! The God of Fire...!" then a God with red medium long hair that were yellow at the tip and wore a recognisable flaming cape.

Matthew was fidgeting anxiously with his hands as he was looking curiously towards the Gods and the people that were about to train with them. His eyes widening even more at the name of the next God and trainee as his breath came to a halt.

"Glacer! The God of Ice!" voiced Luna as she pointed at a God with long white hair tied in a low ponytail and a very long blue dress with an icy blue cape, "And his trainee!" In front of the God, stood no other than Adrian himself.

Matthew looked at the ground and felt the sadness and anxiety of the situation overtaking him once more. He wasn't able to hear much of the rest Gods as it seemed like everything around him became stopped in time and space. He wanted to try talking to him once more, to find a solution, but he knew better than anyone that there was no going back after that.

He wasn't able to get his eyes off Adrian until he saw Luna pointing at him, "...And his trainee!"

"Huh? What?" wondered Matthew and noticed that the God of Shadows had chosen him for his trainee. He stared at the God for a few seconds in complete surprise and then back at his friends. Matthew took in a deep breath, stepped on top of the stage and bowed before the God of Shadows.

Despite the the surprise he got from being able to train with the instructions and help of a God, Matthew's mind seemed to still be stuck at the distant image of Adrian.

"Why... Why did everything come to this..."

"And lastly, Anos! The God of Space!" voiced Luna as she pointed at a mysterious God that his upper greyish body was floating as dark mist was coming out from bellow, while his face was completely darkened and unable to find a single detail on it. What stood out on him the most, was a large cut the started from the chest and ended on his belly, "And his trainee!"

Much to Matthew's surprise, the person that walked beside him and bowed before the God of Space, was no one else but a very tired Dimitri. Dimitri spared him a small glance and then continued looking down.