Chapter 6

The eerie and godly temple, was overflowed with giant plants and beautifully colored flowers. The marble walls and pillars emitting a shiny white light. The ceiling, non-existent, letting the countless bright stars reflect on the polished black floor. The day, had immediately turned night.

"Well look who it is~! You finally decided to show up," a husky female voice was heard from a dark figure coming behind a broken pillar on the left.

Our heroes turned suspiciously their heads towards the sound, while Dimitri was already walking ahead. His eyebrows knitted together and his fists tightly clenched. His footsteps echoing loudly through the corridor.

Dimitri stopped right in front of the pillar and crossed angrily his arms, "Like you are one to talk...,"

"Aw come on, just admit that you missed me~," with those words, a tall woman with short half-black half-green hair and electric green eyes made her appearance from behind the pillar. Her deep V-Neck and dark green top, matching her baggy pants. The black diamond at the end of the V-Neck top and her leather jacket being the cherry on top.

"Don't give me that, care to explain why you left me behind?" questioned furiously Dimitri and the woman gave him a loud mocking laugh.

"What? Were you scared? Don't worry honey~ Mama's here now~" she mocked and Dimitri's blood started to boil in anger.

"So that's the woman that left Dimitri behind huh...?" though Matthew as he looked over at the strange woman. He didn't knew why, but he couldn't quite read her intentions. Her carefree vibe and her teasing words made her look harmless, but her intense gaze and sly smirk made him change his mind. Matthew then turned slowly and gave a glance towards Adrian and noticed that he also had the same thought as him...

That woman was dangerous.

"I'm being serious here Kristine. We both entered the second trial as a team, and then you suddenly decided to go missing. That's definitely the best thing to do when humanity is at high risk. Yeah. Great job."

"You are alive, aren't you? I don't see the problem here," laughed Kristine and Dimitri facepalmed himself.

"Why you..."

"Let's stop fighting over trivial things and let's focus on your new friends over there," spoke Kristine, brushing off the furious man and walked towards the rest with a smirk plastered on her lips, "The name's Kristine Brager. I assume you saved this guy's sorry ass."

"I...uh...," muttered Matthew, not really knowing how to respond to that situation.

"I heard that, you know!" yelled Dimitri and Kristine stuck out her tongue brushing off the man once more.

"Well... My name's Matthew. The one with the grumpy face is Adrian, the goth girl is Lilith and the pink-haired one is Rosemary," introduced Mathew himself and his team and Adrian along with Lilith gave him a deadpanned face.

"Seriously now? Goth girl?"

"Grumpy...face...?"

"Oh my goodness gracious! You guys are so funny!" laughed Kristine once more to her heart's content, "Pretty interesting fellows you found man! Good thing you didn't actually died!"

"I'll take that as a compliment," answered Matthew with an awkward laugh and Kristine gave him a playful punch on his shoulder.

"You sure are interesting kid! How old are you?"

"19," blurted out Matthew and Kristine's eyes widened in complete surprise.

"No way Dimitri, you were actually saved by kids?!"