Chapter 18

Matthew walked in the other side of the portal, his heart heavy inside his chest and his mind fogged. Even with the slaughter that was already happening in front of him, he couldn't even focus on his surroundings. He was staring into the void by looking down at the ground. Rosemary and Lilith had gone to talk to him, to comfort him but he was unable to hear them. It was as if his mind was stuck in that exact moment he had experienced inside that dark room.

"Matthew...," voiced worriedly Rosemary and Dimitri placed a hand over her shoulder while shaking his head.

"200 people have died. The fifth trial has been completed,"

"We need to move on to the next floor," she added once everyone heard the messenger's voice.

Matthew, as if only now waking up, he raised his head and began walking forward, "Let's go...," he spoke with a seemingly emotionless and cold voice but the tears that were rolling down his eyes were giving his true feelings away.

The rest gave each other worried glances but chose to not say anything and followed shortly after him.

Once everyone stepped foot into the other room, they were surprised that they already reached the second Safe Zone.

"It's just like the room we entered after the first trial...," spoke Rosemary as they all saw the all so familiar surroundings, "Shall we go rest for a bit? After that, we could go to the Training Ground. No need to rush."

"That would be a wise choice...," agreed Dimitri but his voice was trailed off when he noticed the commotion at the center of the room, "What's going on there?"

Matthew narrowed his eyes and began walking forward once more, "Let's see what it is..."

People were gathered at the center of the room. Yells and murmurs could be heard from afar. It felt as if the people were angry and disturbed but in the other hand, some looked exited and amazed.

"Something serious must had happened...," thought Matthew as he was trying to pass ahead of the crowd, almost falling down and being suffocated in the process.

But his eyes widened as he stared at the reason for this gathering with his mouth wide open in complete suprise. In this room... In that exact moment...all the Gods that organised the Final Judgment were present right before everyone's eyes. The first to catch his attention, the God of Deceive himself.

"Ah, you arrived!" exclaimed Feller with a close-eyed smile and waved his right hand towards Matthew and his friends, "Aren't you glad to see me again~?" he joked as he walked closer towards them. The people by Matthew's side, taking a few steps back in suspicion.

"What's going on here? Are those...the rest of the Gods?" questioned Matthew the laid back God as his eyes took a look towards a mysterious God with silver hair in the far distance.

Then, Feller showed a smirk and turned to look at the rest as well, "That's right. Everyone except Chronos is present here to personally train you guys. You should consider yourselves lucky."

"What? Are you guys truly going to train us when you are the ones that tried to kill us? You must be joking," retorted Lilith with a suspicious glare and Feller just shook his hand in a dismissive manner.

"Believe it or not, see the personal training as an award for making it that far in the tower."

"Are they just going to train everyone here? At this rate, we might just never get out of here or just simply end up killing ourselves," voiced Dimitri as he crossed his arms together. He couldn't trust the Gods, especially the one before him.

"Don't be ridiculous," laughed the God of Deceive, "Each one of us is just going to choose one person from the ones we shared our powers with. Of course not everyone will be lucky to be trained by a God."