Chapter 12

"Ugh... When is this going to end?!" complained Lilith and Adrian let out a tired sigh.

Everyone felt like they were walking for hours. The maze making them dizzy from the countless turns they took. Thanks to Rosemary's power, they were able to block the paths they already encountered.

But just when everything seemed pointless, they all finally saw a big opening on the ground. A faint white light being emitted from the hole as everyone stopped to analyze their situation.

"So? Are we going to enter or what?" questioned Kristine and Aurora brought her right palm over her chin in deep concentration.

"That's strange...," she mumbled to herself as Adrian nodded his head in agreement.

"It may as well be a trap..."

"Come on, how bad can it be? We finally see something else beside the walls of this endless maze. Let's just go and see what we'll find. Who knows, maybe this is the exit," worded optimistically Matthew and everyone besides Adrian and Aurora agreed instantly.

After a long moment of silence, Adrian finally let out a sigh and nodded his head towards his best friend, "Alright. Let's go."

Matthew gave him a grin and jumped first into the hole. It didn't take long for the rest to follow after him as well. Adrian and Aurora being the last people who stayed behind, hesitated for a short second.

Just when Adrian was ready to jump inside the portal on the ground, Aurora grabbed his shoulder preventing him from moving any further, "Are you sure about this?"

Adrian glared at the woman and shook her hand off of him, "Don't slow me down. I don't care how much you know or you don't...," he continued walking forward and gave the woman one last glance before falling down inside the portal, "...Matthew is waiting for me."

Aurora tightened her fists and exhaled a tired sigh, "If that's what you want then I won't stop you... Just make sure you won't regret this decision of yours," she spoke to Adrian but he was already long gone. She shook her head and followed after him.

After everyone passed through the portal, their eyes met with a big empty room made of dirt and stones. An opening much like a door, was a few meters away from their feet.

"Did we just fell even more deeper into the earth?" theorized Rosemary while gazing above her head to see the now non existent portal.

"No, I think Matthew was right. This should be the way to the exit," spoke Aurora and Matthew gave her an appreciating smile, "Come on everyone, let's go."

Nobody said anything against this and followed slowly but surely behind Aurora. They all passed the opening on the wall and found themselves in another similar room, with another opening on the wall a few meters ahead.

Their only problem...was now the sudden and harsh wind that pushed them back into the first room.

"Are you serious?!" exclaimed Matthew as he and the rest tried once more to run across the door of the other room.

But again... Their efforts were in vain.

"Of course...," sighed Dimitri while laying on the ground as Kristine got slowly up and cracked her knuckles. Her veins in her hands and head were sightly visible. She was beyond irritated.

"Somebody find a way out of this or I'll start destroying walls."

"Calm down, you maniac," voiced Lilith as she got up from the ground and dusted herself up.

"It's going to be fine. We'll find a solution sooner or later. We...just need to be calm and collected," spoke Rosemary trying to be optimistic and Matthew nodded his head in agreement. His eyes suddenly shining with excitement.