Chapter 17

"Come on... Let's go...," voiced Lilith with a small smile as the atmosphere around them became much more lighter than before.

Matthew turned his gaze to look at Adrian who was a few meters behind everyone and his smile was immediately replaced with a frown.

Without further ado, our heroes walked back to the previous room and stood in front of the blue door. The endless pit never changing.

"So... I guess we'll just take a leap of faith," voiced Rosemary and everyone nodded their heads.

Matthew narrowed his eyes at the dark room and finally let out a sigh, deciding to take his chances with this trial. After he prepared himself, he took in a deep breath and stepped first into the dark room of the blue door. His eyes widening when he started falling, despite knowing that it was an endless pit, he hopped that something would change.

"Matthew!"

"Kid!"

Matthew made an attempt to hold on from the floor of the starting room but his fingers only barely touched the corner.

The rest that saw Matthew were staring at him with terrified eyes but Adrian was quick to calm them down, "He's going to be okay. We are all supposed to fall," he spoke as he walked closer to the blue door and turned to look at the rest with an emotionless gaze, "You can all do whatever you want. I'm going after him," he finally declared and then jumped into the endless pit, leaving the rest behind.

The others shared worried glances and then quickly followed after the others.

~~~

Matthew's eyes opened slowly, only to find complete darkness once more. Soon after, Adrian and the rest had also appeared from thin air in front of his eyes.

"Didn't we... Just fell from the blue door?" questioned Rosemary and Dimitri folded tightly his arms while letting out a tired sigh.

"And now we are able to see each other in the dark. No monsters, no dangerous poisons, only bothersome tricks. Just what the hell is this trial," he scoffed and Matthew tightened his fists. His narrowed eyes looking at the pitch black ground as his mind was travelling at different thoughts and possible actions he could take. But everything seemed pointless...

"This must be the trial of the God of Deceive and the Goddess of Justice," spoke suddenly Aurora and everyone turned immediately to look at her. Their eyes filled with untold anticipation but their gaze soon shifted towards a new figure behind Matthew.

"She is correct," voiced a slight deep and charming male voice while giving the others a bow, with his right leg crossed in front of the other, his right hand placed in his heart and his left behind his back. He had green semi long hair that matched the dark geen fabric that covered his one shoulder and fell down to his hips in a long dress, as heavy gold was decorating his chest and left hip. Once he raised his head, his shiny yellow eyes looked at all of them with mischief, "It's great to meet everyone once more. I'm Feller, the God of Deceive."

"Huh? The God himself? I never thought that we would be able to see one with our own eyes," commented Lilith as she rested her left hand on her waist.

Adrian's eyes in the other hand narrowed as the God turned to look at him directly in the eyes with a sly smile.

"You must all wonder why you are here. You are all searching for the temple and you seem to feel completely hopeless as of now, am I correct? Sorry to break it to you, but there's no temple in this trial," continued the God and Dimitri stepped on the front with a piercing glare.

"Why should we even listen to you? If we trust your words that you are indeed the God of Deceive that is," voiced Dimitri and the God's smile turned into a smirk.