Chapter 13

"Guys, there's an opening up there!" exclaimed Matthew while pointing at an opening on the ceiling of the third room they entered.

"Shall we go above ground now?" shrugged Rosemary and Lilith visibly flinched.

"In that crazy storm? Hell no. There must be another way."

"I don't see any other exit in this room," confirmed Kristine with a shrug and Rosemary crossed her arms in confidence.

"There isn't a way deeper underground either."

Everyone was staring deeply and patiently into Lilith's eyes waiting for an answer. The red eyed girl in return let out a groan and finally decided to go along with everyone's opinion, "Okay! Fine! Geez! It's not like I have any oher choice anyways..."

"That's what I wanted to hear~" spoke Rosemary with a heartwarming smile that made Lilith roll her eyes in embarrassment.

After everyone came on an agreement, Adrian used his power to create stairs for them to walk on and soon enough, they were all once again able to see the surface.

"Guys... The storm has completely stopped," commented Aurora and she immediately turned to look suspiciously at her surroundings.

"Something's wrong here...," muttered Adrian and Matthew raised a curious eyebrow.

"You think so? Everything looks fine to me... Isn't it more convenient to us that the storm has stopped?" spoke up Matthew and Aurora bit her lower lip.

"Okay then... Let's move on. But it'll be best if we are careful of our surroundings."

"Heh, isn't that what we always do?" scoffed Kristine and Dimitri rolled his eyes.

"You mean what everyone does except you."

"Why you little..."

"Enough chit-chat. The temple won't be found by it self," with Adrian's final harsh yet wise words, everyone started making their way forward into the unknown.

Their spirits high and filled with optimism. Their senses alert for each danger that awaits them. Nothing could stop them from reaching their destination. Yet the time passes... The seconds become minutes and the minutes become hours... Their hopes for finding the temple, started fading with each step...

Nothing could be seen at their endless horizon of the lonesome baren land.

"Hey... Do you guys think that it was wrong that we left from the underground?" asked Lilith disheartened and Matthew stopped to look towards the clear blue sky.

"...Let's head back."

"Are you for real now?! Do you know how far we already are from where we started?!" retorted Kristine but Rosemary stepped between them before the hot headed woman could say anything regrettable.

"Matthew is right. Maybe it's best if we take a different approach of the situation. Like you said... We already went too far. Let's not waste any more time and try something else."

At that, Kristine only tightened her fist and glared at the black haired young man behind Rosemary.

Adrian let out a sigh and walked beside his best friend, "Come on Matt... Let's go."

"Yeah..."

A tremor.

"Wait! Something's going on!"

Before everyone was able to realise what was happening, the earth bellow them opened in half.

"What the-!"

Everyone, was falling deep into the earth once more. But this time, it would not be just a few meters.