Chapter 22

Aurora walked steadily. Her steps and sound from her white boot heels, were echoing loudly in her surroundings. She was beyond irritated... She was furious. She looked unblinkingly towards the person she was approaching and tightened her fists to brace herself for what was about to come. Once she was close enough, she called out the person's name.

"Matthew."

Matthew raised his head —since he was sitting down on the ground— and looked up at the blonde woman with a tired smile.

"Ah, it's you."

Aurora's glare softened and gave him a saddened smile, "Yeah... It's good to see you being alright...."

"Should I created a room for you to stay by yourself? This is the forth time someone interrupts your training," voiced Umbra as he looked at Matthew and then surprisingly enough, gave both a faint chuckle, "I'm just kidding. Please do continue."

"I apologise Umbra... I believe you are aware of what is going on here and I have to speak to Matthew at any cost. I'll make sure to make it quick," smiled faintly Aurora towards the God of Shadows who was one of the few Gods she actually respected.

"Worry not. I believe that this is also something that must be done."

"Thank you..."

At that, the God of Shadows walked away to give them some space and Aurora sat down beside Matthew. Her hands fidgeting and her eyes looking sadly at the floor. Matthew already understood that this was indeed something important. It wasn't everyday that he could see the confident Aurora so anxious. He decided to remain patient, to wait and see what she had to say without rushing her.

"Matthew... You need to stay away from Adrian...," she finally said looking directly into Matthew's widened eyes, "I know that you think I'm merely a stranger who's meddling, after all, you barely know me... But I honestly really recommend you, for your own safety, to stay away from Adrian."

Matthew stayed silent. His expression serious and unchanging. He turned his head to look ahead, but he eyes could only stare at the void. His mind, filled with many messy thoughts, "I know that you don't hold ill intentions...," he finally voiced calmly, "Just like I know that Adrian also doesn't either."

"Matthew...,"

"I may sound stupid... I know...," he chuckled sadly, his eyes turning to look at his reflection on the black polished floor, "But me and Adrian were always together since we were kids. My grandma raised him as her own grandchild when he had nowhere else to go and he was always my best friend... I cannot imagine Adrian ever actually hurting me, like I also refuse to hurt him... He definitely has his reasons for acting so secretively and I'm sure he also has his reasons for saying such cruel things. I don't plan to stay away from him, but I also don't plan to approach him. That was his choice to make... If he ever decides to talk to me, I would be more than happy to listen to him."

"Matthew... You must had thought about that for a while..."

"I did... I can't say that I have come completely in terms with that, but I'm trying my best to understand his situation... I still want to put my faith in him..."

"That's a way of looking at things but still... You could never know... At first he may look like he would never hurt a person and the next second, he could slaughter everyone...," spoke sadly Aurora, as if reminiscing old hiden memories.

Matthew looked at her and thought whether he could ask his one and biggest question, or to simply stay silent. After a few seconds, he went along with his first choice, "Aurora... Are you hiding something as well? Sorry if it sounds weird, I know that you simply want my own good but I can't help but think that you are also hiding something. You always talk about something as if you already knew that it would happen and I don't think this is a mere coincidence. Can you also predict the future?"