Chapter 20

In all this panicking state... In this great opportunity that was bestowed from the Gods to humans...

Adrian was silently sitting in the far corner of the Training Ground. His almost dead looking eyes gazing down at the black polished floor.

"Looks like that plan in going well~"

A sudden voice was heard from above Adrian's head and his gaze shifted to look at the one who attacked Matthew at the end of the forth trial. A sneaky smirk plastered on his lips.

"Isaac... It's about time you showed up. I'm surprised that the Gods haven't done anything to you by now given that you weren't chosen by anyone," voiced sternly Adrian and the young man by the name Isaac gave him a shrug.

"Probably because they are too focused on their students or because they simply don't care. They know what you are planning anyways. As if they would stop you."

"Right... Oh about that time at the end of the fourth trial. How did you managed to stay alive? I remember that you said you had a teleportation ability," questioned Adrian and the young man raised his head upwards with a widened smirk, feeling pride washing over him.

"It's quite simple~ I used a corpse and teleported my organs to him for just the right amount of time to look dead~"

"Interesting... Powers can really do anything...," commented Adrian and Isaac let out a laugh.

"Yeah praise me more!"

"So...," started off Adrian. His eyes cold and stern, "Did you do what I asked you to do?"

Isaac's smirk widened once more and he crossed his arms together over his chest, "Of course~ What do you take me for~"

"Good...," said Adrian and then got up from the floor, "It's time to go see the Gods. Make sure to do as planned."

"Roger that~"

~~~

Adrian walked steadily. His footsteps echoing faintly around him as he was finally making his way towards the God of Ice. His cold eyes soon spotted the said God and his fists tightened. When he approached him close enough, he stood behind him and called out his name.

"Glacer."

The God turned to slowly face him for a few seconds but he returned his attention back at the God of Fire. It seemed, like they were in an argument.

"Do you want to tell me why you are siding with humans? I totally don't understand you. You remember what happened, no? Why would you still insist on helping them?" voiced sternly the God of Fire with glaring eyes while Glacer was standing upright in front of him with his unchanging calm demeanor.

"Igneous, you are blinded by unnecessary hatred. Whatever happened, happened and I do in fact believe that this was for the better. I want to believe in humanity. Also, don't you also have a trainee to take care of?" argued Glacer while letting out a tired sigh.

"That's because you are simply naive, my little brother. You are actually the one blinded by unnecessary feelings and trust towards humans. They are nothing more that weak ants before us, begging to be stepped on to," he replied with a scoff and then he placed his right palm over his forehead in annoyance, "And please...don't remind me of that buffoon..."

"Excuse me, but I have business with the God of Ice. Could you continue this worthless argument later or something?" spoke suddenly Adrian, making both Gods to turn and actually acknowledge his existence.

"Oh look, the cause of this mess," commented Igneous and Adrian gave him a cold piercing glare.

"I think it's about time you should go and take care of that child you chose as your trainee," insisted Glacer and Igneous spared one last glare at them both and finally walked away without any complaints.