Chapter 18

Liam POV

As soon as Lucy came back from the bathroom, I knew that something was very wrong.

She looked like she saw a ghost. She was pale. Her eyes were red and puffy. She was shaking from top to bottom.

Noah, Theo, and I saw her first. We jumped up and ran toward her. Noah and Theo reached her first.

“What’s wrong?!” Theo shouted, grabbing her arms.

Noah put a finger under her chin and lifted her head.

“Lucy?” Noah said, panicked.

I finally reached them and placed my hand on her forehead. She wasn’t warm, though. She was freezing cold.

“Nothing’s wrong.” Lucy mumbled quietly. “I am okay.”

“Are you sick again, honey?” Ezra asked worriedly. “Should we call Nate?”

“Call him.”

“No.”

Dylan and Lucy said at the same time.

Theo grabbed her and pulled her to his chest.

“Something is fucking wrong, and if you don’t tell me what it is, I am going to lose it.” Theo said, his voice shaking.

Noah placed his hand on Theo’s back and rubbed it softly. He was looking at Lucy with a very worried expression on his face.

“I am okay, Theo.” Lucy said softly.

I glanced at Ezra. He was looking at me with a worried expression on his face. We needed to talk to her alone, without Dylan and Sienna. She needed us right now. Only us.

“Why are you so pale then?” Noah asked her. “You look like you’ve been crying.”

Theo let her go so he could look at her face.

“I’m hungry.” Lucy said, giving them a fake smile. “That’s all.”

Nobody bought the lie, but I decided to step in. We would talk to her once Sienna and Dylan left.

“Come on then, love.” I said, reaching out to her. “Soup is almost done.”

Lucy gave me a small smile. It was fake again. I pulled her to me and kissed the top of her head.

She was so fucking tense.

My heart raced, and I had to force myself to stay calm.

What the hell happened?

I picked her up and put her on the bar stool next to Dylan. Theo and Noah were right behind us. As soon as I stepped away, both of them wrapped their arms around her from behind.

Theo looked like he was going to kill someone. Noah looked like he was about to cry.

I kissed them both and walked back to my seat.

_______________

Theo POV

Something was very, very wrong.

I could feel it. Noah could feel it.

She was tense. She kept trying to stop herself from shaking, but she wasn’t doing a very good job because both Noah and I could feel it.

She couldn’t have been cold. The heater was on, and she was wearing warm clothes.

She was shaking in fear.

My heart raced, and I buried my nose in her hair.

What the fuck happened?! Did someone do something to her? I was going to kill them! I was going to rip them to fucking pieces!

“Lucy, sweetie, maybe you would like to talk to me?” Sienna asked her. “I can help if something isn’t okay.”

Lucy flinched a little. If we weren’t holding her, we wouldn’t have noticed.

I looked up at Sienna and narrowed my eyes.

“No.” Noah said before I could.

“Noah.” Ezra sighed. “Let Sienna help.”

I had a feeling that she was doing exactly the opposite.

“Get her the fuck out, Ezra.” I said, gritting my teeth.

Sienna’s eyes widened. “What’s wrong, Theo?”

“Theo!” Ezra scolded me.

“Get her out!” I repeated, looking at Ezra, who had a pissed off look on his face.

“Theo, it’s okay.” Lucy said softly as she looked up at me. “Sienna means well.”

I ignored my sister and looked at Liam.

He was staring at Sienna and frowning.

Thank fuck!

Noah and I weren’t the only ones who noticed that something wasn’t okay.

“Get Sienna out of our house, Liam.” I said as I picked Lucy up and handed her to Noah.

“Take Lucy to her room.” I said to Noah.

“Jesus, Theo!” Ezra exclaimed, raising his hands in the air. “You can’t act like this!”

“I’m not going to hurt her!” Sienna gasped. “I just want to talk to her.”

“Theo, it’s okay.” Lucy said, grabbing my upper arm.

“Noah, take Lucy upstairs.” I said through my teeth, not taking my eyes off of Sienna.

“Let’s all calm down.” Liam finally spoke.

He stood up, approached me, and pulled me to his chest.

“Breathe, Theo.” he told me quietly. “I will get Sienna out of here.”

I listened to my brother and took a deep breath.

“Sienna, Dylan, maybe you should leave.” Liam said sternly. “Dylan, I will call you.”

My cousin nodded and stood up immediately.

Sienna was still sitting on one of the bar stools. She was staring at my sister, and I wanted to dig her eyes out. Something was fucking off with her.

Dylan approached Lucy and kissed the top of her head.

“I will see you later, Shortcake.” he said softly as he caressed her cheek.

He looked up at Noah and kissed his forehead. He whispered something, and Noah nodded.

I turned back to look at Sienna. Ezra was hugging her and telling her something that I couldn’t hear. She kept nodding her head.

She finally stood up and looked at Lucy again.

“Feel better, Lucy.” Sienna said as she started walking away. “Remember our earlier talks. It will help you.”

My heart raced, and I clenched my fists.

Noah narrowed her eyes at Sienna.

Lucy bit her lip and gulped.

As soon as we heard the front door close, Ezra went off on me.

“What the fuck was that, Theo?!” Ezra yelled. “You can’t talk to her like that! She was just trying to help!”

I clenched my fists and narrowed my eyes at him.

Why did I have this nagging feeling that she was doing exactly the opposite?

Lucy and Sienna spent some time alone.

What the fuck did that bitch tell her?!

“Are you sure about that, Ezra?” I yelled back at him. “Are you so fucking sure that she was helping?”

“Of course I am!” Ezra yelled. “Sienna is a good person! She cares about Lucy!”

I chuckled darkly.

“Something isn’t okay with our sister.” I said, clenching my fists and reminding myself that I couldn’t hit anything or anyone. “When Sienna suggested that they talk alone, Lucy flinched. Why the fuck would she flinch if that bitch only wanted to help?!”

By the end of my little speech, I was screaming again.

I would be fucking damned if someone hurt Lucy again!

“Don’t yell at him, Theo.” Lucy said, her voice shaking. “Don’t fight.”

I looked back at my sister and saw her looking at us wide-eyed. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and no matter how tightly Noah was holding her, she couldn’t stop shaking.

“That’s enough.” Liam said sternly. “We are sitting down like a family, and we are going to talk about this.”

Liam looked from me to Ezra.

“When I say talk, I mean fucking talk.” Liam continued. “No more screaming. Understood?”

I glanced at Ezra, who was already looking at me apologetically. We both nodded at the same time.

“Living room.” Liam said as he started to walk away. “Now.”

He took Lucy from Noah and pressed her against him. He kissed the top of her head and took a deep breath.

Noah took my hand in his, and we followed Liam to the living room.

_____________________________________________

Two chapters in a day! I just can't resist when you ask for more! 😁

I hope you like the drama! 🤭

See you tomorrow! Have a wonderful day!