Chapter 59

Mike POV

I was going to tell her how I felt.

I couldn't wait any longer.

She needed to know.

I needed her to know how fucking much I loved her. I needed her to know what I wanted her. I needed her to know that I wanted to be her boyfriend one day.

I was nervous as fuck. I kept pulling on my sleeves and wiping my hands on my jeans.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Aiden asked, making me flinch.

"Nothing." I mumbled. "I just can't wait to go in there."

I looked at the door to her room and took a deep breath. We had to go inside one by one. She was still hooked up to a bunch of different machines, and she couldn't have too many visitors. Her family was an exception, of course. Noah and Theo hadn't left the room since the moment they walked in two days ago.

Riley was currently with her. She had been in there for about 20 minutes already, and I couldn't wait for her to get out so I could go inside and see my girl.

The door finally opened, and Riley stepped out, wiping her cheeks.

Aiden jumped up and rushed toward his sister.

"What's wrong?" Aiden asked. "Is she okay?"

Ethan and I both approached Riley with worried looks on our faces.

I hated Ethan. I could tell that he wanted her as well. Thankfully, it was illegal for him to try anything with her.

"She is okay." Riley said, making me breathe out in relief. "I'm just overwhelmed by everything."

Aiden and Ethan pulled her into a hug.

"Do you want us to take you home?" Aiden asked her. "We can come see Lucy tomorrow."

Aiden and Ethan let go of Riley and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Would that be okay?" she asked, looking at her brothers.

"Of course, Riles." Aiden said softly. "You come first. Always."

"We will take you home, cutie." Ethan said softly. "We will all come back to see Lucy tomorrow."

I sighed in relief. I didn't want him near her. I was jealous.

"I will see you tomorrow." I said as I pulled Riley into a short hug.

She gave me a small smile, and I rushed toward Lucy's room.

I couldn't wait to see Lucy. Riley would be okay. She was with her twin and her older brother. I would see her again tomorrow.

I opened the door and gasped.

There she was.

My girl was lying in bed with a smile on her face.

"Oh, baby." I mumbled as I rushed toward her and pulled her into a gentle hug.

She chuckled and hugged me back.

"Hi." she said softly.

"Easy, Mike." I heard Theo's annoyed voice. "You need to be careful with the wound."

I looked down at her shoulder, and my heart clenched.

"How are you, love?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Better." she said, smiling. "I am so happy to see you."

I smiled and caressed her cheek.

"I am so happy to see you too." I said, wishing I could kiss her.

I heard Theo sigh, and I looked at him.

"Noah is taking a shower." he mumbled. "I will step outside and go to the vending machine. I don't need to see this."

I smiled at him, making him roll his eyes.

He stood up and walked toward the door.

As soon as he closed the door behind him, I looked at Lucy and leaned my forehead against hers.

"I love you, Lulu." I told her softly.

"I love you too, Mike." she said, making me raise my head and look at her.

She was smiling softly, and it made me shiver.

"I don't love you like a friend, Lucy." I told her, trying to stop my voice from shaking.

I had to do it now, or I would lose the courage I needed.

"I love you like I want to kiss you right now." I continued. "I love you like I want you to be my girlfriend. I love you like I want to protect you and cherish you for the rest of my life."

Her eyes widened, and I heard her gasp quietly.

"Fuck, love, I know it's not a great time for me to admit it." I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. "You just came out of surgery. Something major has happened to you, and I know that you won't say yes to me right now."

I caressed her cheek and gave her a small smile.

"I also know that your brothers won't let me be near you anytime soon." I said, chuckling a little. "I needed you to know this, Lucy, because I want you to know that I will be by your side. I want you to know that I will wait for you. I want you to know that I will hold your hand while you work through this. I want you to know that I will endure your brothers' rage and make them see that I love you and that they can trust me around you."

Lucy took a sharp breath, and a tear fell on her cheek.

I wiped it away and bent down to kiss her soft cheek.

"Don't cry, baby." I said as I leaned my forehead back on hers.

"Mike, I..." she spoke, but her voice broke.

"I know, Lucy." I said as I raised my head and looked back at her. "I don't expect anything from you right now. I just wanted to tell you. I needed you to know. I almost lost you, and the thought of you not knowing how I feel, made me want to rip my heart out. I needed to tell you."

Lucy grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around her and took a deep breath.

"I love you, Mike." she said quietly.

"I know, baby." I said as I smiled and tightened my arms around her.

I heard the door open, and someone sighed.

"Enough." I heard Noah's voice. "Back away, Mike."

I chuckled and let Lucy go. I kissed her cheek and sat down on the chair next to her bed. I took her hand in mine and winked at her.

"I told you." I whispered. "Rage."

She chuckled and shook her head.

I smiled at her and kissed her hand.

I felt relieved after telling her. I needed her to know the truth, and now that she did, I was so fucking happy.

I had no expectations from her. She just went through something traumatic. She needed the support of her family and friends. There would be time for a relationship, and I could wait.

I would always wait for her.