Chapter 25

Liam POV

Theo and Noah kept their eyes on Lucy the whole time. She was standing just outside of the living room, talking quietly to Mike.

Both Theo and Noah looked like two coiled springs, wanting to launch themselves at her. I could feel their tension and fear, and it made me so fucking sad.

My brothers didn’t deserve this. My sister didn’t deserve this.

So when Peter entered my house, I already had a million questions for him.

I wanted to be done with this. I wanted that bastard caught and dealt with. I wanted my sister to be safe.

“Did you find them?” I asked as I jumped from my seat. “Do you know who it is?”

Peter raised his hands in surrender.

“Easy, Liam.” he said as he glanced around the room. “Let’s sit down and talk.”

I didn’t want to sit down and talk. I wanted to go out there, find the fucker, and show him what happens when you mess with my family.

I looked around the room and saw that each and every member of my family wanted to do the same.

They were glaring at Peter, who walked to the couch and sat down with a huff. He wasn’t at all bothered by nine angry men staring at him angrily.

“Where is Lucy?” Peter asked, looking around the room.

“Go get her, Theo.” I said as I sat back down in the armchair.

Theo did as I said, and a few moments later, he and Lucy walked back into the living room.

“Hello.” Lucy said, giving a small smile to Peter.

“Hi, kid.” Peter smiled at her brightly. “It’s nice to see you again. I wish it was under different circumstances, though.”

“Me too.” Lucy said softly.

She went to sit on the couch, but I stopped her and pulled her onto my lap.

I needed it. I needed to know that she was right here with me. I needed to know that she was safe.

Theo and Noah glared at me, but I ignored them.

They pulled up two chairs and sat next to us so they could be close to her.

“So, kid, Liam told me that you’ve got some threatening messages from Jack and Brian?” Peter asked her.

My anger rose upon hearing those names. I looked around the room and saw my family clench their fists tightly.

Lucy nodded.

“Okay.” Peter said. “Can I see them?”

Ezra handed him the notes. Lucy unlocked her phone, opened the message, and handed it to Peter.

I watched Peter’s eyebrows furrow. I watched him narrow his eyes and tighten his jaw.

“When did you get those?” Peter asked as he looked up at Lucy.

“I got the text message today.” Lucy said quietly as she leaned more into me. “I got the notes a couple of days ago.”

I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

“Why didn’t you tell your brothers immediately?” Peter asked.

Lucy took a deep breath and glanced at Ezra.

“Well, at first I thought it was a prank.” Lucy said quietly.

“And she was told by my ex girlfriend that she shouldn’t bother us with her problems.” Ezra added angrily.

Peter looked at Ezra and raised his eyebrows.

“Okay.” Peter mumbled. “It sounds like your ex is a complete bitch.”

“She is.” Ezra nodded. “And she will be dealt with.”

“Just don’t deal with her in a way that I should get involved.” Peter sighed as he put the notes and Lucy’s phone in an evidence bag. “I’m busy as it is.”

My uncle chuckled darkly.

“We aren’t making any promises.” Dylan said coldly.

Lucy looked up at me worriedly.

“They are kidding, love.” I said quietly as I kissed her forehead. “Don’t worry.”

“Okay, guys.” Peter said, making Lucy look at him. “We will check for fingerprints, even though I don’t expect to find anything since all of you touched the notes. We will try to get a location on the number from which the message was sent.”

“What about school?” Ezra asked. “The notes were left in her locker.”

“It’s best that she doesn’t go for a few days.” Peters said, glancing worriedly at Lucy. “We will talk to the principal and check the cameras.”

“How could somebody just walk into the school like that?” grandpa mumbled.

“Maybe it was one of the students.” Peter suggested. “Or one of the staff members.”

“Whoever it was, I will fucking rip them apart.” Theo said angrily.

“I will pretend that I didn’t hear that.” Peter said as he stood up and grabbed the evidence bag.

Theo rolled his eyes and tried to pull Lucy into his arms. I stopped him and gave him a warning glare.

“Liam…” Theo started speaking, but I interrupted him.

“Theo.” I said sternly.

“You can’t take her from me.” Theo said, clenching his fists.

The pain in his eyes made my heart clench painfully. He was so vulnerable. He was so scared. I needed to be patient and kind.

“I am not taking her from you.” I said softly. “She is right here, Theo.”

Theo looked at Lucy, and she took his hand in hers.

“I am right here, Theo.” Lucy said, giving him a small smile. “Liam is not taking me away from you.”

I looked at the rest of my family. Some of them were looking at Theo with a worried expression on their faces. The others were sad.

“I will let you talk.” Peter said quietly. “I will call you as soon as I know something.”

I looked at Peter and nodded.

“Please do.” I said. “You need to find that person, Peter.”

Peter gave me a small nod before he furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lip.

He glanced at Ezra, and I could see the guilt in his eyes.

“Do you think that your ex could have something to do with this?” Peter asked, making all of us look at Ezra. “Maybe that’s why she told Lucy not to tell you about her problems.”

The room was dead silent.

I didn’t think of that.

Why the fuck didn’t I think of that?!

I looked at Ezra and saw fury in his eyes. He was so fucking pissed off.

I could see his chest rise and fall rapidly. I could see his fists clenching. I could see him tighten his jaw to the point of breaking it.

I needed to get him out of here.

I handed Lucy to Theo.

“Look into her.” I told Peter as I stood up and approached my brother.

I grabbed Ezra’s arm and pulled him away.

As soon as we were out of sight, I pulled Ezra into a tight hug.

He sobbed, burying his head into my neck.

“If she did this…” Ezra said, trying to take a deep breath.

“We don’t know that, Ezra.” I said softly. “Don’t go there just yet.”

“I let her into our home.” Ezra sobbed. “I let her near our baby. She almost fucking hurt our sister. I let her hurt our sister.”

“She didn’t hurt her.” I said, trying to stop myself from crying. “Lucy is okay. She is safe. You didn’t let anyone hurt her.”

Ezra tightened his arms around me, and another sob escaped him.

“You didn’t know, Ezra.” I said, placing my hand on his head and holding him close to me. “You didn’t know. It’s not you fault.”

It wasn’t his fault. It was Sienna’s. She was the one to blame, and she would pay for what she had done to my family.