Chapter 30

Noah POV

“Lucy!” Riley shouted as she barged into the house.

Lucy, Theo, and I were sitting in the living room, watching a movie. I didn’t even know what it was about. I didn’t pay attention to it. I couldn’t.

My mind was still on Sienna and her stupid excuse.

She was jealous? Of Lucy? Of Ezra’s little sister? What the fuck was wrong with her?

I really wanted to know what else she had said to Ezra. I assumed that Ezra didn’t want to tell us because it would hurt Lucy.

But I wanted to know. Maybe it would help me understand Sienna’s reasons better.

Because this was just fucking insane.

I focused on Riley, who was now pulling Lucy into a tight hug.

“Oh, God.” Riley cried out. “Are you okay? I was so worried. Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you tell your brothers? Why did you listen to that stupid woman? Why...”

“Jesus, Riles, breathe.” Theo mumbled as he turned off the TV.

“I am sorry, Riley.” Lucy sighed as she hugged her back. “I was scared.”

“Oh, Lucy.” Riley said softly, tightening her arms around my sister. “I am so sorry.”

“It’s not your fault, Lee.” Lucy said. “You have nothing to be sorry about.”

Riley let Lucy go and furrowed her eyebrows.

“I am your best friend.” Riley mumbled. “I should have noticed that something was wrong. I should have…”

Lucy interrupted her by placing her hand over Riley’s mouth. Riley frowned at her.

“It’s not your fault.” Lucy said.

Aiden was next to pull Lucy into a hug.

“Are you okay, Luce?” Aiden asked her softly.

“I am.” Lucy smiled as she hugged Aiden back.

Aiden let Lucy go and pulled Riley to himself. He was still so tense, and it made me worried.

I glanced at Ethan, who was standing next to his siblings with a furious look on his face. His fists were clenched tight. His jaw kept twitching. His eyes were narrowed, and he looked scary.

As soon as Aiden moved away, Ethan pulled Lucy to himself.

The way he hugged her made the alarms in my head start.

Did he like her as well? Would I have to worry about him liking her as well? I so fucking hoped not. Mike was already fucking enough.

“No one will hurt you, Lucy.” Ethan said, his voice raspy. “I promise you. I will fucking kill them all.”

“Thank you, Ethan.” Lucy said as she hugged him back.

“There is no need to thank me.” Ethan said as he placed a kiss on the top of her head. “I will never let anyone hurt you.”

The kiss on the top of her head was too fucking much for me.

I grabbed my sister and pulled her away from Ethan.

I wrapped my arm around her and glared at Ethan.

His furious eyes focused on me. He took a deep breath, and the anger slowly disappeared.

What the fuck was that about?

I didn’t look at Theo once.

Did he notice Ethan’s weird behavior?

I looked at my brother, and I knew it immediately.

Oh, he fucking noticed.

If looks could kill, Ethan would be a very cold fucking body.

“Did Peter find anything?” Aiden asked, making us focus on him.

“Not yet.” Theo sighed, reaching out for Lucy.

I let her go, and she approached Theo. She sat down next to him, and he put an arm around her shoulders. He never stopped glaring at Ethan, who ignored him completely.

“Do you think that Sienna had anything to do with it?” Riley asked as she sat down on the couch. “I mean, why would she tell Lucy those things if she didn’t?”

Theo glanced at me and sighed.

“Ezra asked her, and she said no.” I said. “But Peter is looking into her. Ezra doesn’t trust his judgment when it comes to her."

“God, she is a bitch.” Ethan mumbled angrily as he sat down in the armchair.

“Did Ezra ask her why she did it?” Aiden asked.

“She said that she was jealous of Lucy.” Theo explained. “She said that she did it because Ezra loves Lucy more than her.”

I watched my friends’ reactions

Disbelief was the most obvious one.

“You are fucking with us right now.” Aiden said.

I shook my head, and his eyes widened even more.

“She was jealous?” Riley asked quietly. “Of his baby sister?”

I could clearly hear disbelief in her voice.

“Yes.” Theo confirmed. “She thought that she could separate them and make Ezra love her more.”

“Was she struck by lightning?” Aiden asked, narrowing his eyes. “Maybe she had some sort of seizure that damaged her brain?”

“I think that she is just a stupid bitch.” Ethan mumbled angrily.

“She has to be involved with Jack and Brian somehow.” Riley said. “This is just too crazy to be true.”

I’ve noticed that Lucy tensed up. I sat down next to her and kissed her temple.

“You are safe.” I whispered. “She can’t get to you anymore.”

Lucy looked at me and gave me a small smile.

My heart clenched painfully. Sienna wasn’t even here, and Lucy was afraid. I really wanted to fucking kill that bitch.

“Did you ever see Sienna at school?” Ethan asked. “Could she be the one who left the notes.”

“We never saw her.” Theo said, shaking his head.

“Peter is checking the cameras.” I added. “He thinks that maybe a student or a staff member left the notes in Lucy’s locker.”

Riley, Aiden, and Ethan furrowed their eyebrows. They were in deep thought.

“This is so crazy.” Riley mumbled after a few moments of silence. “I can’t believe that you have to go through this again, Lucy.”

I couldn’t believe it either. She didn’t deserve it. She deserved to be happy and safe. She deserved peace. She was so kind and so full of love. How could someone hurt her? How could they even think about raising their hands on her? How could they even think about torturing someone so innocent and good? How?

I leaned my forehead on Lucy’s shoulder and took a deep breath.

“It won’t last long.” Theo said. “We will find the fuckers who did it, and they will pay. No one will touch her this time. I will fucking kill them if they even think about it.”

I looked up at my friends. Ethan was pissed off. Riley was sad, and she kept glancing at Lucy with a worried expression on her face. Aiden was pale, and his arm was wrapped firmly around Riley.

I could see fear in Aiden’s eyes. I could see how terrified he was, and my heart hurt. He was my friend, and I wanted to help him. I just didn’t know how. What could I tell him when I was also so fucking terrified that someone would hurt my sister?

“You won’t go to school until the fucker is found, right?” Riley asked.

“No.” Lucy said, shaking her head. “Will you be able to bring us our homework and assignments?”

Liam called the school, and they knew about the situation. The three of us would do everything we needed from home until this fucked up situation was over.

“Yes, of course.” Riley nodded. “Don’t worry about anything. I will come over tomorrow after school and bring you guys everything.”

“I have practice tomorrow, Riles.” Aiden said, running his fingers through Riley’s hair. “I will pick you up after, okay?”

Riley looked at Aiden and nodded.

I wrapped my arm around Lucy’s waist and pulled her closer to me.

I was tense and so fucking scared.

I needed that person to be found. I needed them locked up. I needed them far away from my sister.

I needed my sister to be safe.