Chapter 23

Ezra POV

“What happened?” Dylan asked as soon as he barged into our house.

The rest of my family was right behind him.

“Where are Lucy and the boys?” grandpa asked, panicked.

His eyes roamed around the room, searching for them.

“She is upstairs with Theo and Noah.” Liam said. “They needed a few moments alone.”

“What happened, Liam?” our uncle asked. “You sounded pissed the fuck off when you called.”

“You said that it was an emergency.” Dylan said. “What kind of emergency?”

Liam sighed and motioned for them to sit down. They walked to the couch and sat down, keeping their eyes on us the entire time.

My phone buzzed again, and I took it out of my pocket.

It was Sienna.

Again.

I clenched my fists and tightened my jaw. I didn’t know why she did it. I didn’t know what she wanted to achieve. I didn’t fucking know anything. But I would find out. I would make her tell me. I would make her pay.

She almost took my sister from me. She almost took my baby. She hurt Lucy. She made Lucy believe that I was sick. She made Lucy believe that it was her fault. She made her believe that I would be better if Lucy never shared her problems with me.

That lie almost cost me my baby sister.

What the fuck would I do if she didn’t tell us about the notes? What the fuck would I do if she got hurt again? What the fuck would I do if someone took her from us again.

I would fucking lose it.

I would kill Sienna. I would kill anyone who dared to hurt my baby.

I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket.

I had more important things to deal with right now.

Someone was threatening my sister again. Someone was working for those two fuckers.

I would find them, and I would kill them.

No one was going to hurt Lucy and get away with it. Fucking no one.

“Fuck, I don’t even know where to start.” Liam sighed as he sat down in one of the armchairs.

“The beginning would be nice.” Carter scoffed.

Liam shot him a glare and looked up at me.

“Sienna is a fucking bitch.” I said, keeping my eyes on my older brother.

That was a good start to the story.

“Wait, what?” Dylan asked, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees. “Did you say that Sienna is a bitch?"

“Yes.” I said, looking at my oldest cousin. “A huge fucking bitch.”

Dylan narrowed his eyes at me.

“Did you call us here to tell us that Ezra and Sienna broke up?” Matt sighed. “That’s not an emergency, Liam.”

“Sienna made Lucy believe that I was sick.” I spoke, making my family look at me. “She made her believe that I couldn’t sleep. She made her believe that I was constantly tense and scared. She told Lucy to deal with her problems alone. She told her to be more independent. Sienna made her believe that she was a problem for me.”

My uncle and grandpa stared at me with their mouths hanging open. Dylan, Carter, and Matt narrowed their eyes and clenched their fists.

“Why?” Dylan asked angrily after a few moments of silence.

“I have no fucking idea.” I said. “I still haven’t confronted her.”

“Oh, I am going to confront her.” Matt said as he stood up. “I will confront the living shit out of her.”

“Sit down, Matthew.” my uncle said, keeping his eyes on me. “They are still not done talking.”

Matt sat down and clenched his fists. He was angry.

I wondered how angry he would be once he found out what Lucy kept from us because of that bitch.

“Well, unfortunately, Lucy believed her.” Liam continued the story. “She thought that she was a burden. She thought that she had hurt us all by coming back. She thought that we would be happier if she wasn’t here.”

“Is she crazy?!” Carter interrupted Liam. “She is our fucking Sunshine! She saved us all!”

“We explained that to her.” Liam said, frowning at Carter because he interrupted him.

“I told her that Sienna was lying.” I said. “I told her that we would always be here for her, no matter what.”

“Damn right.” Carter mumbled angrily.

“Why did Sienna do that?” Dylan asked. “What the fuck was she thinking?!”

“I told you that I don’t know.” I said. “I still haven’t talked to her about it.”

“Why not?” Dylan asked, looking up at me. “She should be here right now, trying to explain herself.”

“He still didn’t do it because we have a bigger problem.” Liam said, making my family look at him.

“A bigger problem?” grandpa said, his voice laced with worry.

Liam glanced up at me. I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it.

I needed him to know that I was here for him. Just like he always was for me.

“Lucy received two notes and one text message from Jack and Brian.” Liam said, being as direct as possible.

The silence in the room after Liam's statement was making me a little nervous. My family stared at Liam with unreadable expressions on their faces.

“Repeat that.” my uncle spoke first, narrowing his eyes at my brother.

“Lucy received two notes and one text message from Jack and Brian.” Liam repeated a little bit slower. “The notes were left in her locker at school a couple of days ago. She received the text message today.”

“She didn’t tell us because of what Sienna said.” I added. “She didn’t want me to worry. She didn’t want me to get worse. Also, at first, she thought that it was a prank.”

Maybe it was best to tell them everything at once. It was like taking a bandage off.

My family stared at us. I could tell that they were shocked.

“Where are the notes?” grandpa asked, his voice quiet and raspy.

I pulled them out of my pocket and handed them to grandpa. I watched him pale visibly. He handed the notes to my uncle and clenched his fists.

“Where is my little girl?” grandpa asked. “I need to see her.”

“She is upstairs.” Liam said. “I will go get her as soon as we are done here. I don’t want her to see those notes again.”

“Fuckers!” my uncle shouted, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

Dylan took the notes out of his hand. Carter and Matt leaned in so that they could read them as well.

I watched as they clenched their fists. I watched as they narrowed their eyes. I watched as their jaws started ticking. I watched their faces reflect the pure desire to kill.

“We called Peter.” Liam said as soon as they were done reading. “They are in jail. They didn’t escape. Someone is working for them.”

“I am going to kill them!” Dylan shouted as he stood up. “No one fucking hurts her! No one!”

Dylan clenched his fists and started pacing around the living room. He was pissed.

“Do you have the text message?” grandpa asked, completely ignoring Dylan.

Liam nodded and pulled out Lucy’s phone. He unlocked it, opened the message, and handed it to grandpa.

Grandpa took the phone and looked at the message. The fury in his eyes was hard to miss.

Grandpa handed the phone to my uncle. His eyes were completely void of any emotion. He looked terrifying.

My cousins gathered around my uncle to read the text message.

“Go get Lucy.” Dylan said coldly as soon as he finished reading the message. “I need to see her.”

_____________________________________________

Hi, guys! 😊

I hope that you are enjoying the story so far. Thank you for all of your votes and comments. You motivate me so much, and I appreciate each and every one of you.

I would just like to apologize for tomorrow. I won't be able to upload a chapter due to some obligations. I will upload again on Friday afternoon (Central European Time) or maybe even Friday morning if I manage to write it by then. 😁

Thank you for your understanding. 🥰

Have a wonderful day!