Chapter 29

Lucy POV

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

Mike was coming.

I didn’t know when exactly, but he was coming.

I couldn’t wait to see him. I missed him so much.

On the other hand, I felt so guilty that he would have to leave school and work because of me.

I tried to explain to him that I was okay and that he didn’t have to come here, but he really didn’t want to listen to me.

A part of me was glad. I wanted to see him. I wanted to hug him.

“Do you think that the bitch left?” Noah asked, breaking the silence in the room.

“I don’t give a shit.” Theo sighed. “Liam and Ezra made it clear to me that I couldn’t go downstairs, so I am not going until they come and get us.”

“What did they threaten you with?” Noah asked what I was thinking.

There was no way that Theo just agreed to stay away from Sienna.

“They said that they would make me go to school.” Theo sighed, rolling his eyes. “As if I would have let that happen.”

“But you still listened to them.” I said, trying to stop myself from laughing.

Theo looked at me and rolled his eyes, making Noah snort.

“He might be badass, but he is still scared of Liam.” Noah said, making me chuckle.

“I am not scared of Liam.” Theo said, frowning at the two of us.

“Well, maybe you aren’t scared, but you would still go to school if he was persistent enough.” Noah said, chuckling.

Theo rolled his eyes again.

“Only because he would drive me insane with his lectures.” Theo said, making Noah and me laugh.

“Yeah, right.” Noah said.

“Stop it.” Theo mumbled, glaring at us.

Noah and I glanced at each other, and we had to hold back our laughter.

I did the one thing that I knew would help.

“I am sorry, Grumpy.” I said as I wrapped my arms around Theo’s waist and leaned my head on his chest.

Theo wrapped his arms around me immediately and kissed the top of my head.

“I know that you are just sucking up to me right now.” Theo mumbled, making me chuckle.

“Is it working?” I asked.

“Maybe.” Theo said as he kissed the top of my head again.

“Well, then, I am sorry too, Grumpy.” Noah exclaimed as he too wrapped his arms around Theo and leaned his head on Theo’s chest.

Noah almost broke my nose with his giant head.

I slapped his arm, making him stick out his tongue at me.

Theo sighed, and I could picture him rolling his eyes.

“What did I do to deserve the two most annoying siblings in the world?” Theo mumbled.

“We can leave.” Noah said, smirking. “You don’t have to see us ever again.”

Theo gasped and tightened his arms around us.

“Why are you so mean?” I asked Noah, trying to hold back my laugh.

“Yeah, Noah, why are you so mean?” Theo repeated my question as he placed another kiss on the top of my head.

“He said that we are annoying.” Noah said as he sat up.

“Because you are.” Theo mumbled.

“Well, you were born first, so you were annoying first.” Noah said. “Lucy and I had to learn to be annoying so we could deal with you.”

Theo sighed, and this time I could hear his eyes roll.

I chuckled at my brothers and sat up. Noah leaned in and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

My bedroom door opened, and Ezra walked inside.

“How did it go?” Noah asked him immediately.

“Did she say why she fucking did it?” Theo asked, not giving Ezra time to answer Noah’s question.

Ezra sat down at my desk and reached out for me. I stood up and approached him. I sat down on his lap, and he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“Ezra?” Theo called him.

“She is insane.” Ezra mumbled as he looked at our brothers.

“We already knew that.” Noah mumbled.

“Why did she do it?” Theo asked again. “Is the bitch working for Jack and Brian? Should we go kill her and bury her so fucking deep that not even Satan would be able to find her?”

Noah snorted, making Ezra roll his eyes at our brothers.

“I am not sure if she is working for them.” Ezra said. “I asked, and she said no. But I am not trusting my judgment when it comes to her. She’s been lying to me for a while now. I will let Peter deal with that part.”

Ezra looked at me and kissed my cheek. I gave him a small smile.

“She said that she did it because she was jealous.” Ezra continued talking as he ran his fingers through my hair.

“Of what?” Noah asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Not what.” Ezra sighed, looking at our brothers. “Who.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. She was jealous of someone? But what did that have to do with me?

“She was jealous of Lucy because I love Lucy more than her.” Ezra said.

My jaw dropped.

My eyes widened.

Did I hear him correctly?

“What?!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?!”

Noah and Theo exclaimed at the same time.

“I am not kidding.” Ezra said. “She thought that if Lucy didn’t come to me, I would spend more time with her and that eventually I would love her more than I love Lucy.”

“Is she aware that Lucy is your sister?” Noah asked, narrowing his eyes at Ezra. “Is she that fucking crazy?”

“I guess so.” Ezra shrugged. “I’m still wrapping my brain around it as well. If I had known that she was that fucking insane, I wouldn’t touch her with a ten-foot pole.”

“Did she say anything else?” Theo asked coldly.

Ezra glanced at me and took a deep breath. He pressed me to his chest and kissed the top of my head.

“Nothing important.” Ezra mumbled.

My heart clenched painfully. She did say something else. Ezra just didn’t want me to know.

“Ezra...” Theo spoke, but Ezra interrupted him.

“Nothing that matters, Theo.” Ezra said. “It isn’t true, and I don’t even want to repeat it.”

“Is it a threat?” Theo asked again. “Did she threaten her?”

“No.” Ezra said, shaking his head. “It was a stupid statement that I don’t even want to repeat. If it was a threat, I would tell you. I promise.”

Ezra kissed the top of my head again, and I tightened my arms around him.

“I love you, honey.” Ezra mumbled.

“I love you too.” I said quietly.

“Did you fire her?” Noah asked, making Ezra look back up at our brothers.

“Of course.” Ezra nodded. “She is out of our lives for good. I promise.”

“She better be.” Theo mumbled angrily.

“She is, Theo.” Ezra assured him. “She won’t hurt you again. She won’t hurt Lucy again. I will make sure of it. You guys are my priority, and I will do everything to protect you, okay?”

My heart grew double, and I tightened my arms around my brother even more.

“We don’t need you to protect us.” Theo said. “We need you to protect Lucy.”

“I will protect all of you.” Ezra said. “You are my baby brother as well, Theo. Noah is my baby brother as well. I want and need to protect all of you. Even Liam.”

“We will protect you too, Ezra.” I said softly.

“I know, honey.” Ezra said as he kissed my temple.

I smiled and snuggled closer to my brother.

“What were the three of you doing?” Ezra asked, changing the subject.

“Teasing Theo.” Noah said, chuckling.

“That’s always fun.” Ezra laughed.

“Poor Theo.” Theo mumbled quietly, making the three of us chuckle.

“Ethan, Aiden, and Riley are coming over soon.” Noah told Ezra.

“Okay.” Ezra nodded. “I will let you hang out with your friends. Liam and I have some work to do.”

Ezra kissed my temple again, and I stood up.

He smiled at us and left my bedroom.

Sienna was jealous of me? Why?

I still couldn’t wrap my brain around it.

It seemed like there was more to it.

I hoped that I was wrong, though.

I hoped that she really was nothing but a crazy, jealous woman.

_____________________________________________

Hi, guys! 😄

I made an Instagram account. Please go follow me! It' author_tessalilly. 🥰

Thank you! Have a wonderful day! ❤️