Chapter 45

Ezra POV

We were on our way back to the hospital when my phone rang.

I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it.

My eyes rolled to the back of my head.

It was Sienna.

What the fuck did she want?

“Who is calling you?” Dylan asked as he parked the car and shut the engine off.

“The bitch.” I mumbled, looking at my phone.

Should I answer it?

“Are you going to answer it?” Dylan asked as he unfastened his seatbelt.

Maybe it was about my stuff. I still had some suits and some personal belongings at her place. Maybe she wanted to talk to me about that.

“I wouldn’t.” Matt mumbled, making me look at him through the rearview mirror.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

“Give me the keys.” I said to Dylan. “I will lock the car and come upstairs in a few minutes.”

Dylan placed the keys in my hand. He and Matt left the car.

I took a deep breath and answered the call.

“Ezra, baby.” Sienna said and a shiver went down my spine.

“Stop calling me that.” I said, squeezing the keys in my hand. “What do you want?”

I heard a sniffle and rolled my eyes.

Did she really think that would work?

“Ezra, can we talk about it, please?” Sienna begged me. “I really didn’t mean anything bad. I promise.”

Anger rose inside me.

“Are you fucking kidding me, Sienna?” I said, clenching my fists. “You don’t even know how much damage you caused with your stupid ideas.”

“Damage?” Sienna asked, surprised. “What are you talking about?”

I saw fucking red.

I needed to stay calm. She didn’t deserve my anger. She didn’t deserve anything from me anymore.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

“That is none of your concern.” I said, trying to stay calm. “Did you want anything else or did you just call me to lie to me?”

“I am not lying, Ezra!” Sienna exclaimed. “I really am sorry!”

“I don’t care, Sienna.” I said. “We are done. You went against the most important person in my life! You tried to damage the most important relationship in my life!”

“Ezra…” Sienna tried to speak, but I interrupted her.

“I am not done.” I said angrily. “You were jealous of a little girl who spent most of her life abused and neglected. You were jealous of a little girl who wanted just a little bit of love she had been missing for ten fucking years. And do you want to know why I said just a little? Because she never asked us for fucking anything. She never demanded our love. She would be happy even with the bare minimum. But we wouldn’t be happy with giving her just the bare minimum. Each and every time we hug her, kiss her, or tell her how much we love her, it’s because we want to, not because she asked for it.”

My heart was breaking. My voice started trembling.

“She is my baby sister.” I continued, not letting the bitch speak. “She is a little girl who needs love. You tried to take that from her. You tried to take her from me. How the fuck do you expect me to forgive you?!”

“I didn’t think about it like that.” Sienna said.

“That’s not all.” I said, ignoring her comment. “You didn’t just hurt her. You hurt me too. I liked you. I saw a future with you. I introduced you to my family. I let you near my treasure. I was so fucking happy that you got along with everyone. I was so fucking happy that you wanted to spend time with Lucy.”

“Ezra…” Sienna spoke, but I interrupted her again.

“Still not done.” I said, tightening my jaw. “And what did you do? You went against everything we built by trying to turn a 16-year-old girl away from her own brothers.”

“I wasn’t trying to turn her away from her brothers!” Sienna argued. “I wanted your attention.”

The anger rose inside of me, and I had to hold back from slamming my fists on the dashboard.

She tried to take attention away from a 16-year-old girl who was my baby sister? Was she fucking insane? Even if Lucy never went through all of that shit, she would still have my attention 24/7. She was my baby sister. I wasn’t going to settle for anything else.

“You did a nice fucking job acquiring it.” I said sarcastically. “Instead of gaining it, you completely lost it.”

“Ezra…” Sienna said, but I interrupted her for the third time.

“I don’t fucking care.” I said angrily. “Someone from the firm will come by your apartment tomorrow to pick up my stuff. I will be blocking your number. We are so fucking done.”

I didn’t wait for her response.

I hung up the phone and blocked her number immediately.

I took a deep breath before leaving the car.
I needed to stay calm. I couldn’t let my sister see me so fucking pissed off.

I left the car, locked it, and walked toward the entrance to the hospital.

I really wanted to see Lucy. She calmed me down. I wanted to hug her and make sure that she was okay.

I hurried inside and got into the elevator.

The elevator finally stopped on the last floor, and I rushed toward the waiting room.

My family was there. Liam, Theo, Noah, and Lucy were eating the sandwiches we brought them. Dylan, Carter, and Matt were sitting and quietly talking.

My uncle and my grandpa still hadn’t arrived. My grandpa’s flight was delayed, so he probably still didn’t land.

My baby looked up at me first.

I hurried toward her, sat down next to her, and pulled her into my arms.

I took a deep breath, trying to relax myself.

“Is everything okay?” she asked me softly.

“Of course, my baby.” I said softly as I rubbed her back. “I just missed you.”

“I missed you too.” she said, leaning her head on my shoulder.

“Let her eat, Ezra.” I heard Liam say.

I let go of her and gave her a small smile.

“Eat, honey.” I said, caressing her cheek.

She gave me a small smile and took another bite of her sandwich. I placed my arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple.

I looked at Liam, and he raised an eyebrow at me.

I sighed and leaned my head on Lucy’s. I would talk to him about it later.

“How is Riley?” I asked.

“She woke up.” Theo told me. “We are waiting for her parents to leave so we can go in and see her.”

I nodded and turned my head to place another kiss on Lucy’s temple.

She was the most important person in my world.

I didn’t know what I would have done if Sienna had managed to take her from me.