Chapter 55

Liam POV

I was fighting with myself. I was struggling to stay awake.

My body needed sleep, but I needed to stay awake. I wanted to be awake when she woke up. I wanted to be awake so I could tell her how fucking much I loved her.

My brothers fell asleep about half an hour ago. I was glad they were getting some rest. They needed it.

I didn’t. Not until she woke up.

I placed my elbow on the bed and leaned my head on my hand. I closed my eyes. I would close them for just a second.

Just one second.

I opened them again and looked down at her.

She was still asleep.

I blinked. My eyelids were heavy.

I closed my eyes. I would close them for just one second again.

Just one.

My head was so heavy. I couldn’t support it with my hand. I wanted to lay down.

But I couldn’t.

I needed to stay awake.

I needed to open my eyes. The second had passed. I tried to, but I couldn’t. It felt like my eyelids were glued together.

How long were my eyes even closed? Did I fall asleep? Was I sleeping?

I felt a hand on my arm.

Was someone trying to wake me up? It was probably Ezra. I wanted to tell him that I was awake, but I couldn’t.

"Are you a smurf?" someone mumbled.

What?

What the hell was I dreaming about?

The hand around my arm tightened.

"Am I a smurf?" the voice mumbled again.

What? Why was I dreaming about smurfs? I haven’t watched that in ages. What the hell?

The hand around my arm disappeared.

"La, la, la, la, la, la, sing a happy song." the voice started singing quietly. "La, la, la, la, la, la, smurf the whole day long."

What the…?

I was going insane.

But I knew that voice…

It was familiar.

So fucking familiar.

"Smurf along with me..." the familiar voice said.

My heart raced.

Lucy!

I opened my eyes abruptly and looked at her.

She was awake!

She was glancing around the room, singing the Smurfs' theme song quietly. Her eyes were only halfway opened.

"Baby!" I exclaimed as I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me.

I felt tears falling down my cheeks.

I woke my brothers up.

"Lucy!" all of them screamed at the same time, trying to take her from me.

I didn't let them.

She looked like she was drunk.

"Oh, my little girl." I cried out as I kissed her forehead. "You are okay, love."