Chapter 60

Lucy POV

"Honey!" I heard my brother calling me.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I tried to pull the hoodie over my head.

It was hard with my arm in a sling.

"Shit." I mumbled as my head got stuck in an opening that was way too tight for my head to go through.

My bedroom door opened, and I heard someone chuckle.

"Why didn’t you call me?" I heard Theo’s amused voice.

"Just help me." I sighed. "You can laugh at me later."

Theo approached me and pulled the hoodie up, removing it completely.

"You know that you can’t do this on your own." he sighed as he started to remove the sling. "You should have called one of us."

"I thought that I could do at least one arm." I mumbled as I slowly extended my arm.

A sharp pain in my shoulder made me flinch a little.

Theo tightened his jaw and reached for my hoodie.

He put my left arm in first.

"Slowly." he mumbled as he put the hoodie over my head.

I put my right arm in, and Theo pulled it down.

He kissed the top of my head and reached for the sling, putting it back on my left arm.

"Thank you." I told him.

He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"There is no need to thank me, Sunshine." he said.

"Come on, guys." I heard Noah’s voice. "The pizza is getting cold."

Theo took my hand in his and pulled me out of the room.

My whole family was here. We ordered a pizza and were going to watch a movie together. I came from the hospital a few days ago, and I wanted to spend some time with my family.

"Shortcake!" Dylan exclaimed when we walked into the living room.

I chuckled and shook my head.

He acted like he hadn’t seen me for days.

"Hi." I said as I walked into his arms.

"I missed you." he said, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"You saw me this morning." I chuckled as I let him go.

"That’s way too long, cutie." he said, grinning at me.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"I brought some Ben & Jerry’s over." I heard my grandpa’s voice.

I looked at him and smiled brightly.

"Cookie Dough?" I asked as I walked toward him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Is there any other kind?" my grandpa chuckled.

"Yes." I heard Matt say. "There is Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Half Baked…"

"And Cookie Dough is the best." I interrupted him.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, making me chuckle.

"You know nothing, trouble." Matt said.

"Leave her alone." Carter scolded Matt. "She is always right, aren’t you sweetie?"

He approached me and pulled me into a hug.

I chuckled and nodded.

"Of course I am." I said as I hugged Carter back.

"Who is always right?" I heard Ezra’s voice behind me.

"Lucy." Carter said as he let me go.

Ezra gasped and shook his head.

"She is always wrong." he said. "Like when she said that Order of the Phoenix is the best Harry Potter movie when it’s clearly The Prisoner of Azkaban."

I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"I am not having that discussion again." I said as I sat down on the couch between Theo and Noah.

Ezra chuckled and approached me.

"I will let you have it for now." he said as he kissed the top of my head. "After that sling is off, the battle for the best Harry Potter movie is back on."

I laughed and nodded.

"Deal." I said, grinning at him.

He caressed my cheek and sat down next to Theo.

"Where is the pizza?" Noah asked, sighing and looking toward the kitchen.

"How the hell are you hungry again?" Ezra asked him. "You ate like an hour ago."

"I’m growing." Noah complained. "I need food."

Ezra rolled his eyes and shook his head. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV on.

"Are you guys hungry?" I heard my uncle’s voice behind me.

I turned around and saw him carrying four large pizza boxes. Someone would say it was too much food, but that someone probably never met my brothers and cousins.

"Finally." Noah sighed, making Theo and me chuckle.

"If I didn’t know better, I would say that you are pregnant." Theo told Noah.

Noah rolled his eyes and opened one of the pizza boxes. He pulled out a slice and moaned as he took a bite.

I laughed quietly.

"Hi, my baby." I heard my oldest brother’s voice behind me.

I turned around and smiled. I didn’t even hear him come in.

He smiled back at me and motioned for me to stand up. I furrowed my eyebrows, but I listened to him. He approached me, sat down on the spot where I sat until a second ago, and pulled me onto his lap.

He kissed my cheek, and I smiled.

"I couldn’t wait to do that." he told me quietly. "I missed you."

"You saw me 15 minutes ago." I chuckled.

"No, baby, I missed this." Liam said as he caressed my cheek. "I missed spending time with you. I was so scared that I would never be able to do that."

"We all were." Dylan added, making me look at him.

"We love you, sweetie." grandpa told me. "You are our light in the darkness. You are our Sunshine. Your dad named you Lucy because it comes from the word lux, which in Latin means light. You are our light, Lucy."

I smiled, trying to stop the tears from falling on my cheeks.

They were my lights. They saved me and made my life so much better.

I leaned more into my brother. He kissed my forehead and leaned his head on mine.

Theo took my hand in his and smiled. Noah leaned his head on my shoulder. Ezra ran his fingers through my hair.

I’ve never felt more loved. I’ve never felt more wanted.

This is where I belonged, and this is where I wanted to stay forever.

I was so happy that I didn’t lose my family and my brothers. I was so happy that nothing and no one managed to take me away from them.

I knew that I would always have them. I knew that I would never let them go.