Chapter 56

Lucy POV

Every part of my body hurt. I felt like I'd been hit by a train.

What the hell happened to me?

I opened my eyes with a groan.

I heard screams around me immediately.

"Lucy!"

"Sunshine!"

"Oh, love."

I shut my eyes tightly. The light in the room was too bright.

I felt hands on my body. Someone cupped my cheeks. A hand grabbed mine. I felt fingers in my hair. I felt someone leaning their head on my shoulder.

"Open your eyes, love." I heard my brother’s voice.

I listened to him and opened my eyes slowly.

"Hey, love." Liam smiled at me as he caressed my cheeks. "We missed you."

I looked around and saw my brothers looking at me with tears in their eyes and small smiles on their faces.

What happened? Where was I?

"Say something, please." Theo mumbled as he lifted his head and looked at me.

"Hi." I mumbled, trying to give him a small smile.

Theo sobbed, moved Liam’s hands away, and pulled me to him. He kissed my cheek and my temple.

"Hi, Sunshine." he cried out. "I missed you."

He buried his nose in my hair, and I could feel his body shaking a little.

My heart broke for him.

He missed me? How long have I been asleep?

"Oh, we were so afraid, honey." Ezra mumbled as he bent down and kissed my forehead. "I am so happy to have you back."

Have me back?

My eyes fell on Noah, who was holding his head in his hands and sobbing quietly. My heart clenched painfully.

What the hell happened?

I placed my hand on Noah’s head, making him lift his head abruptly. The broken look in his eyes almost made me sob.

Noah threw himself on me and sobbed loudly.

"Don’t you ever do this to me again!" he cried out. "Don’t you ever leave me again!"

I tried to lift my arms and hug him back, but a sharp pain in my left shoulder made me wince.

And then it came back to me.

Sienna.

Gun.

Liam.

She tried to kill Liam!

I gasped and looked at my brother.

"Are you okay?" I cried out, eyeing him up and down. "Did she hurt you? Did she shoot you? Did she shoot anybody else?"

I looked at Ezra and Theo, but they seemed unharmed. I lifted my hand and tangled my fingers into Noah’s hair, pressing him closer to me. He seemed unharmed too.

"It’s okay, my baby, she didn’t hurt me." Liam said as he bent down to kiss my cheek. "You saved my life, love."

I did?

My eyes widened, and I looked at my left shoulder.

The images came back.

I got out of Theo and Noah’s arms. I ran toward Liam. I threw myself in front of him.