Chapter 2 - First Game

FIRST GAME

***
When we arrived where the light is, it's a building. Why is this building was the only one that has an electricity?

Toei Sendagaya Apartment

An apartment huh, what game will this be?

When we go inside, we saw more people there. Well, I'm quite glad that we're not trap in this place alone.

There was 13 people inside. All of them was holding a phone, but phone doesn't work in this place right? Probably because this place has an electricity. There was a short haired girl with an athletic fit, a man with a suit, a guy with a blue cap that looks confused, a man with a blue polo that probably works in a office. A lady that looks a little old, maybe in her thirties. A man with a leather jacket, a man that has a messy hair together with a blond man. Two girls wearing heels, maybe they're besties. A man with a magicians hat. A big man wearing camouflage pants and a black fitted top. and lastly, a blond guy wearing white hoodie at the corner, charging his..... music player?

But it only requires battery right?

After I observed everyone, my eyes landed on a table with two phones, maybe for us?

'One per person'

Akari and I took the phone. It opens and says,

Facial Recognition in Process, Please wait a moment.

Then something pop up on the phone,

One minute until registration closed.

Everyone was looking intently at us, except to the white hooded guy. I noticed that Akari also observes them. We looked at each other and shrugged. Waiting for the game starts.

Registration has closed. There are a total of 15 participants. 5 minutes before the game commence.

Difficulty: Five of Spades

"Five of spade? It's a physical game." I heard the man with a suit said to the messy and blond haired guy. "Strength is everything here. I'm Nitobe, nice to meet you." He offered his hand while the blond guy looked at him confusingly.

"Each mark has a different meaning?" The messy haired guy ask.

I know I'm eavesdropping, and so does Akari. We're new here, ofcourse we need to know something about this place.

"Exactly!" He offered his hand again and the messy haired guy accepts it. Probably because they want to also know?

"The mark on a trump card signifies the game's genre. Clubs refers to a team battle and diamonds refers to a battle of wits." He informed.

"How about the hearts?" I interrupted. "I'm Yuka, by the way." I introduced. Akari's behind my back but her eyes told me that don't introduce her.

"Arisu." The messy haired guy smiles. "And this is Karube." He pointed at the blond man.

"As for hearts... It's the most troublesome one." Nitobe laughs.

"Troublesome?" The messy haired guy ask. Nitobe nods at him with a grin. "It's a game of betrayal where you play with peoples heart."

Hmmm... "What about the numbers?" I asked.

Nitobe's smile drop. "The difficulty level. The larger the number, the harder it is to clear." He seriously said. Then, something pop up again. We all looked at our phones.

Game, 'A game of Tag'

Rule: Run away from the tagger.

"What? A game of tag?" The guy with a blue cap nervously ask.

"Who's the tagger?" Arisu asked Karube.

"How should i know?" Karube answered.

I laugh at that. They looked at me. I just shake my head, telling them that it's nothing.

Clear Condition, discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building rooms within the time limit. You clear the game when this objective is fullfilled.

Time limit: 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes has passed, the time bomb hidden in the building will explode.

"What the fuck?!" Akari said loudly. I'm shocked too. So we're all gonna die if we don't clear this shit. Not a good thing for a first timer huh.

Two minutes before the game starts.

I looked at her. "Akari, find the safezone, I'm going to the top. I'll observe something and I'm gonna come to you after."

"You'll leave me here?" She asked. "No. I'll come back. Just be safe okay? Use the stairs, I'll use the elevator." She nods and we hugged each other before we separate ways. I trust her, she's good at games. Ofcourse she'll be safe, right?

The elevator almost close when i slid my hands so that the door will open again. I'm shocked that the man with a hoodie was there. He looked at me but i just focused on what floor I'll go.

I pressed the seventh floor. Top is the most safe floor to hide from the tagger, plus, I'll see everything there. I'll observed better.

"So you're going there too?" He asked. I looked at him, "Yes, that's the safest place to hide from the tagger and I'll see everything there." I shortly answered. I have no time for conversations, we're running out of time.

I saw him smirk before the elevator door opened. I looked at the place before going to a specific corner. I noticed that the man will also go there. I don't assumed that he's following me because this is also where he was going that's why he said 'too' when i pressed the seventh floor button.

I leaned on the wall before looking down and starts observing. I can feel him looking at me- well no, i can feel him observing me. But i honestly don't care, I'm just thinking about Akari's safety.

"If you can choose your starting position," he leaned beside me. "This is the perfect location."

I just nod. Watching the people downstairs quietly when someone arrived. It was the big man together with the guy with a leather jacket. The white hooded guy stand straight. I looked at him and saw that he's looking at the big man too. They looked at our side and the guy waved his hand at them but they just walk to the other side of the building.

"What? That's nasty." He said.

"You know him?" I asked without looking at him.

"He's Aguni," Ah... So he definitely knows him. Obviously. I just shrugged before putting my attention back to the people downstairs.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously, he seems mysterious. Interesting.

"Chishiya."

---------♡---------

Words: 1054

Please don't forget to comment & vote! :)