Chapter 12 - Duplicate

DUPLICATE

***

Feeling a little better, i went to Ann's room. "Do you have any anesthesia for my wound?" I asked while she's busy with something.

"Are you gonna play tonight?"

"Yes,"

She nodded before going to her mini medical cabinet. She grabbed a little bottle and a syringe. I cringed at that. "Is that painful?" I asked, i hate needles.

"Oh, you have trypanophobia?" She chuckled.

"Hey! Don't tease me, I'm not scared." I rolled my eyes. She just shrugged before walking closer. She put her gloves before inserting the syringe to the bottle. "It's not painful." She informed.

I gulped. "Yeah, I don't care, I've had worse."

When the anesthesia is put in the syringe, she slightly flicked it so that the excess liquid will come out. I took a deep breath before closing my eyes, i wince when i felt a slight pain, i smiled when she looked at me. She stopped herself from laughing when she saw me wince in pain. I rolled my eyes when finished.

"Thank you, I'm off now." I said before waving my hand, closing the door.

I went in the lobby to get a paper that has a car number. It's 7, when i got out, i saw a red car with a big 7 mark on the door. I walk closely before going in. I observed the people, they looked decent tho.

I sighed when i didn't saw any familliar faces. Well, i guess I'm gonna play without any allies tonight, i don't mind it. As long as the players are responsible.

It stopped in a big museum, it's a round one. It looks old, the paints on the wall are fading. I also notice that the museum only has one door. I'm the first one who got up and went inside. I looked around and saw a book, together with the white table where the phones are located.

'One per person'

I grabbed a phone and stand in the middle, i felt the others looking at my direction before getting a phone. I'm an executive, ofcourse they'll feel uncomfortable.

Facial Recognition in Process, Please wait a moment.

"No matter what the game is, just don't panic and you'll be fine." I advised, looking to all of them. They gulp before nodding.

10 minutes before the registration closed.

I silently wait for the other players to come. Moments later, there are 3 other participants that entered, they don't seem to know each other.

The one was a girl, her left thigh was wrapped with several bandages, i noticed that she doesn't have a left foot. There's a metal that supports her left leg while her left bicep is wrapped in a piece of torn fabric, more like a handkerchief.

The other two are guys, the one has a blue eyes, a foreigner, i guess? And the other looks like a Japanese, there's nothing special with them tho.

My eyes stayed at the girl, her eyes landed on mine while she flashed a sweet smile on her face before walking forward to me. "Heiya." She offered her hand and I accepted it. "Yuka."

Registration has closed. There are a total of 10 participants. 7 minutes before the game commence.

Difficulty: 6 of Clubs

I sighed in relief when it's not spades or any physical, I don't want my condition to be worse.

Game: 'Riddles'