Chapter 17

Chapter 17

     She woke up panting, as another nightmare hunted her during her sleep. She wipe off the beads of sweats aroubd her forehead and neck, breathing in and out - trying to calm herself down. She stretched her arms around and slap both her hands to her cheeks to wake herself up fully.  She had a long shower, her preoccupied mind taking over as she had her bath.

"Mikasa?". She heard his familiar voice, "May I come in?"  Followed by the door being opened.

"Are you in the bathroom?"

  Mikasa took a deep breath.
"Just wait for me, I'm about to be done." 

She bit her lower lip as she changed into her clothes- a silky gown lace with gold. She had a cold shower but it seems like it wasn't enough to shift her attention from her nightmarish dreams. 

"Eren?" She ask as she left the bathroom. "What brings you here?"

"It's already nine , you haven't eaten yet so I was hoping that, you'll like to have a breakfast with me downstairs?"
Mikasa smiled,although forced but Eren didn't have to notice that. It's not important anyway. Mikasa took a deep breath.

"Alright."

  "Great, Mother is also having breakfast with us, is that alright for you?" 

She nodded immediately and he left the room.
She wanted to scream, she wanted to get that nightmare out of her mind and anything she had dream off this past three months of her life. Those dreams made her life so miserable but it also bring her to him. There are many parts of the dream that she couldn't understand, her dreams before is only about her memories but her dreams now were different.  A nightmarish thing to dream about as it is full of blood and violence. She wanted to tell others about those dreams, ask for an advice and be told to forget all about it, although impossible.

She wanted to clear her mind of all those stupid dreams that she is having, Mikasa couldn't help it, she wanted a escape from all those dreams. She sat down on her bed, thinking. Then, she wondered- would it be better if she never remembered her past life? Would it be better just to live her life the way it is before? Would it be better if she never died in her past life? What would happen if she was never reborn and Eren married another woman? She let all her ridiculous thoughts taunt her for the time being.

  "Mikasa?" The door opened, revealing a smiling Eren.
" You didn't go down stairs, it's been an hour since then, Did something happen?"

Mikasa look up at him and smiled, shaking her head. She saw his worried face and she didn't want to worry him further. "It's alright, I guess, it's just because this surrounding is still new to me."  She laughs, " Maybe I'm just feeling homesick."

" Are you sure?" He sat beside her. " You'll be alright."

There was a comfortable silence between the two as Mikasa lays her head on his shoulders. " Are you really alirght or you are just telling me that so I won't worry about you?"

" I'm really alright." She shakes her head, " It's just that, this surroundings feels surreal."

" You know, I'll always be here beside you so you don't have to feel left out alright." but his words only made her feel more lonely, she doesn't even know where she belong anymore and her nightmare's tormented her more and more, as the days pass by, those nightmares became more vivid and alive.  Silence rule over them as he lean her head on his shoulders.

"Mmm..will vampires disappear if the blood tree disappeared?" Eren look at her with a puzzled expression, the question is very confusing and even as a vampire who had lived a very long time, he couldn't give her an answer because he doesn't know what will happen too. Eren began thinking, the blood tree is about to die , everyday, he could see how much the blood tree lowers it's production of the fruits that simply contains blood.