Chapter 26

Chapter 26

There was an impending sign written across the sky, that morning, all the vampires look up and talk about the different darkness that they had experience. It has always been dark, the sky just appear shades darker than it usually does and it made them panic, thinking of a bad omen. The breeze was also a lot heavier and colder, as if not welcoming any of them like it usually does, appearing before like it was carresing their skin. The weather was rough, the people of the human workd would describe it as a heavy storm that will be landing on their area within an hour or so but they didn'took as bothered as humans.  The Mother Queen and the king isn't bothered by it but she is.

" What are you looking at?" He ask, approaching her slowly.
" I was looking at them, the weather seem weird. It bothers me."

" It's a normal occurance for us here." He shrugs, he didn't look bothered of it but his eyes say something else. His eyes being in the window of his soul just seem like a transparent glass at this moment. He was worried too. "That shadow didn't make a move right?"

" There are no traces, he was that good. I don't know what he's planning on doing. "

" I'm so worried about it, I don't think I can enjoy tommorow. " She rubs her hand together in an attempt to calm herself but it didn't calm her, it makes the nervousness ignite even more.

"I can fight what's inside me, I've been doing it for hundred of years. I would never give in to what it desires."

Mikasa pursed her lips together, a queit sigh escaped on it and he hugs her, once again kissing the top of her head.  " Why don't you enjoy this day today? The whole night tommorow will be ours."

Mikasa smiled, " Are you trying to beat me to it?"
She raised a brow. Her eyes showed a different glint as the red moon light had hit it, like it was full of desire. 
" Tommorow, you will see what you've missed for hundred of years." 

He was taken aback by the sudden action but he was able to recover so fast, almost like the speed of light entering the atmosphere or even faster than that.

" What I've missed? " He played dumb and her smirk grew wide.

" Yes, something you've been looking for. " she tilts her head.
" Anyway, we have something important to do. Your Majesty, king Yeager aren't you supposed to be supervising their experiment? It's your responsibility if it goes wrong since you had allowed it "

There was a big smile on her face, she appears to be feeling delightful as the glint on her eyes became even more vibrant. Suddenly, he doesn't feel so tired of all the meetings and signings he had done today, he smiles at her, his right hand moving to cup her right cheek and his left hand raising upwards to touch the excess hair in her face behind her ears. " You look very tired, have you been sleeping well? "

She nods, however it does not ease his worries.
" Yes, I'm fine. I'm fine. I told you I can handle it, didn't I? Trust me with this, won't you? "

" It's not like I doubt you. " He sighs, biting his lower lip.
" I was just worried of your heath, if the Queen fell ill, a lot will be damaged. "

" I know, I'll rest early. " She smiled, " it's not like I am an official Queen. "

" They considered you their Queen, my Queen. Should I get a ring just to prove it? " He ask, wondering what kind of ring he would create for her.

Mikasa laughs at his unfunny joke, shaking her head. " There's absolutely no need for that." She stops him. " .. besides, it's time already. You have to go."

"I want to stay with you."

"I know, but they are important. Do it now, I'll look over this pile of works. I'll get this done in no time. " She look at all the papers I front of her, the books are scattered along the floor.
" The scholars would be here in a minute, I don't want them to see us like this."