Chapter 21

Chapter 21

          Mikasa finally remembered everything and now she is in the dining area of her room, thinking deeply. The memory that is sealed away for five hundred years finally spilled. Her parents from this world are the people who found her before when she ask Ymir to help her go back but with a sealed memory, she didn't expect her to send her to the human world. And the shadow, she finally knows what it represents, it's the greed that has been harboured for thousands of years, it takes form to finally do what it meant to do from the start, destroy everything on it's path. It sent shiver down her spine, that very same shadow that cause her to be in her position right now is back again and she doesn't know what to do. Before she pass away from a tragedy five hundred years ago due to humans, she was able to talk to him- he convinced her to make a deal with him which she refuses to do. He's a wicked being, she's smart enough to know that. He is a being that feeds on the grief of others and it seems like the shadow had taken advantage of Eren's grief before, allowing the creature to bond with him.

Mikasa didn't know what to do or how to separate the two of them. She sighs, feeling blue- the hopelessness of the situation made her bright eyes dull. The smile on her face slowly fades away as she realizes the heaviness of the situation. I need to go back,  it's still impulsive thinking but she has a plan this time to get rid of what is inside of him. I need to go back,  she repeats, as if assuring herself. She didn't realize that she has been thinking way to deeply into the situation that she didn't notice that it was already night time. She stood up, her foot drawing closer to her balcony to close it but before she could, something caught her eye. It's bright glowing red eyes look at her, as if ready to murder her, she knows what it is. A vampire, that's the only being that is rumoured in their place and unlike before, it does not scare her no matter how much it glare. Her hand reached for the doorknob. It's better to ignore the monster rather than interact with it. She heard a scream indicating that there's a new victim. Eren told her before that vampires couldn't drink human blood impulsively, they would die but it does not make sense, if they would die by drinking human blood then why do they drink human blood.

Unconvinced, Mikasa opened the curtains of her room. She could see clearly even when it's dark and right below her, she could see the vampire devouring the human. Mikasa watched in interest, vampires doesn't scar where as much as it does before simply because she had interectad with one.

The vampire happily sip the human blood and once the woman is drained. She observed as the vampire slowly changes it's form, from a human seeping blood to a bat. The bat then began turning into ashes and slowly the ashes turn into little dusts before it began burning by itself. Having seem the death of vampire, Mikasa held her mouth in disbelief. It's true then, if a vampire drinks human blood they would die and that is why the blood tree exists. It's to keep the vampires alive. Mikasa gulp, closing the curtain once again. Her decision is final, she will go back.

                     ____

She gasp, suddenly waking up from her nightmare. Her sweats form on her forehead uncontrollably. She looks at her surrounding , the dark room is unfamiliar to her , the room is also very big-the ceiling is high and there are no light in the room. She didn't know where she was.

" You're awake." Eren's familiar voice spoke, she whipped her head from side to side to find where he is standing, until she found him, his glowing green eyes is the brightest in the room.

" Eren." She calls while furrowing her eyebrow.
" I–you're here? How did I get here?" She sounded confused, she frowned at him while she tries to analize the situation.

  " I should be the one asking you? How are you able to go back without anyone's help? " His voices sounded soothing, a calm voice she used to love but it was also rasp, an indication that he had gotten older, his calloused hand gently caressed her face.