Chapter 19

Chapter 19

       "The blood tree," she spoke to herself as she proceed on drinking the tea infront of her, she could see the people gathering it's content from where she is.   "I just know that someday," She reached out to the window and clenched her fist.

"It will," A sad look crossed her face. "ceased to exist."

"That's not so sure,". Eren appeared beside her, " The blood tree will flourish someday."

"How would you know?" Mikasa look at him sharply," Do you see the future?"

Silence took over.

" Don't be so over confident that I cod help, even with my past self's memory, my knowledge is still not enough. If it cannot be restored by planting it like normal trees then what could we do?..Nothing but to watch the tree die."  She solemnly told him,

Eren look out of the window.

"Coexistence is something that this world doesn't know, each creature in this world will do whatever they can to have what they want, even if it meant monopolizing others, is it the same for you, Eren?" 
Mikasa look up at him, she could see his green eyes shaking from her question and she anticipated his answers but instead of answering her, he just close his eyes and sat beside her.

" Coexistence. This world cannot have coexistence."

"Why is that?" She ask, visibly confused by his words. How can this world even be like his if they do not know coexistence. "If one cease to exist, wouldn't it affect the others?"

  " No, it won't." He explained,
" In this world, it doesn't matter what kind of creature you were.. whether you die or not, it wouldn't affect the lives of other creatures so when one cease to exist..the whole world doesn't bat on eye on it."

Mikasa held her hand on her mouth, shocked. " That's cruel, in the human world--"

"Mikasa, our world are different.". Eren still smiled at her. " ..you may have the memory of yourself as a vampire but that doesn't change the fact that you are a human being now.. in your world the existence of the whole ecosystem is important, if one of if is not present everyone would be affected but to us it wouldn't. This may sound cruel to you but this is just how we live our lives."

  Mikasa closed her mouth and sigh worriedly.  She look at him secretly, watching as his face seemed to contort in pain, worriedly, Mikasa stood up and ask.

" Are you feeling alright? If not, then you have to go to bed early."

" No!" He huffs, suddenly flushing. " I'm fine."

" Your not fine," Mikasa grits her teeth, " Tell me what you feel..why do you suddenly look like that?" She look at him solemnly. " ..is it because I said I will go back to the human world--!?"

" Argh!" He ground in pain, clutching onto his head and she began to panic again. 
"Eren! What the--!!! I'll call the Queen Mother --" but before she could stand up, he grab her wrist and forced her down with him.

" Don't." His angry voice is shaking, but Mikasa couldn't understand why.

" Why not? Your mother may know something so--that's--why!?"  She ask, both confused and scared of him, he had never look at her with such darkness in his eyes before and seeing his eyes right now, made her body tremble.

She felt a shiver on her body, his eyes-- his eyes were the same eyes present in her nightmares. Those cruel eyes that looks down at them while laughing as all the vampires were slaughtered.