Chapter 24

Chapter 24

         Mikasa turn to look at him seriously, her usually tender eyes were looking at him fiercely  and he was forced to match that same seriousness too, Eren felt like he was looking at the old Mikasa, the Mikasa that he loved hundreds of years ago. They were the same person, their warmth is the same but at the same time, they weren't all the same. 
" I was stupid back then. " He uttered those words carelessly, making her glare at him for degrading himself.

Mikasa softly smiled after a while. " I get that you love me but what you did back then was just selfish. " She doesn't entirely blame him, he was in pain that time so he made the deal with it- without thinking about anything but only her.

It did not please her, however she didn't scold him for it. Vulnerable as he is, the shadow took advantage of it.  The scholars had been working on the books with almost no progress at all and Mikasa could tell that they were running out of time . The blood tree looks much gloomier and the uproar is stronger.

"You should go back to your royal duties."

"How about you?"

"I'll be just fine," Mikasa nods at him reassuringly. " You know Eren, if you are fine then I am also fine."

"That doesn't seem right."

"Dear, I'm never wrong." Mikasa giggles.  Eren turns to look at her with a tender smile and she did too, staring at each other's eye s in a fervor they both could understand. Mikasa gulps at the sensation, almost feeling weak, as if the feelings were new and not something she had felt before, Eren also felt the same..

"So?" She gestures at him to move. "Keep moving, already. This won't end if we don't do anything."

" Yes, yes!" He agreed, as he smile before leaving her in the room. Mikasa's smile faded away once Eren had left her vision, sighing involuntarily. The excessive research they were doing was not helping in order to keep the tree or Eren at all and she felt like she was about to loose it, the strings in which she holds on to keep on stretching until the fragile pieces are the only thing that holds her up. Wanting her mood to ease, sheoves closer to the windows, only to feel even more hopeless as she watch the town people argue over the blood tree. Her head aches at the thought, feeling sick all of a sudden- Mikasa sat at the sofa inside the big room, located in the middle part of the large room.

                          ____

The Queen chuckled after Mikasa expresses her thoughts to her with such a worried tone, as she assured the girl that everything is fine, Mikasa doesn't seem like she would believe her so the Queen put her hand on her shoulders and slightly tap it.

" I can't say that it will be fine, however, worrying too much will cause you fatigue. I suggest you to sleep for now."

" But, I can't do that. We have a lot of problem and I can't afford to just relax in my room."

" I know," the Queen sigh " but I can't afford to have you sick, didn't you say that Eren made a deal with that being and now that his intentions are revealed, we should find a way to get rid of it. "

Mikasa plays with her fingers.
" Eren cannot control the shadow, he fell unconscious whenever it takes over and we don't know a way to get rid of it without hurting Eren. " Distressed, Mikasa bit her lower lip. " .. what should we do your Majesty? "

The Queen gulps,pondering about it before she made a conclusion.
" If so, if the intentions he told you were clear and he made a move, kill him! "

Mikasa's eyes widen upon hearing the Queen's command, her voice is grave serious and Mikasa couldn't find a single word to counter the Queen's words so she felt her lips move up and down with incoherent ramblings.
" .. but your Majesty, there must be another way to solve it. I can't kill him, maybe we could restrain him–!! "