Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Eren." She called him, stepping inside his library, she immediately saw him in his study reading some documents and complaints from the nobles. She watch as he sigh and his eyes downcast to those documents, she watch as his expression changes by everything he reads. She could see his displeasure and when he didn't notice her, Mikasa slowly taps on the door again and this time he finally looks up. With a small smile, he greeted her as he watch her approach him.

" I didn't know you were so busy."

"There are so many complains ," He answered, still smiling despite the stress that he was feeling. " .. but I'm good, we are already trying to find answers."

".. about the tree?" She glanced outside. Her dreams had stop, her nightmares that hunted her through the night had finally reduced until they were completely gone. However, she was still worried. It has to mean something, those dreams shouldn't appear so often if they weren't for nothing. She firmly believes that all dreams have meaning and therefore she should know.

"It continue to grow worst." It was hopeless, she bit her lip not to tell him how she feels but she knows that he also at some point thought the same as her. The blood tree is hopeless and they will soon be eradicated.

"What if it's not meant to be solved, Eren?"

"I don't know," He still smiled at her. " Then, we should just live our moments happily."

" You know, I saw a family the other day, their child is sick and the only thing that could relieve her is the fruit of that tree, something that attacks the nervous system they say. "  That caught his full attention.

" What did the doctor say?"

" The child needs a lot of blood from that tree." Eren, despite being a good leader, find the situation absurd. He thinks that she is being fooled by the locals because she does not know a lot in the world of vampires. Vampires couldn't get sick, they were built like that and their almost immortality that allows them to live for more that thousands of years.

"Mikasa, I think you were being fooled. "

" What , how? "

" Vampires couldn't get sick, we only die when our heart is badly pierced by a silver dagger which we wouldn't really find anywhere in this world. "

" So, you're saying that they fooled me!? "

" Well, yeah. " He replied but still smiled reassuringly. " Don't worry, we understand your compassion and your care for others. Don't feel bad that you are fooled. " 

" How could I not? " She scoffs,
" I was just trying to help them. "

"Should I punish them?"

" Please, do so." She quickly replied.

______

" Eren! " She yells when she found something on the book she was currently reading. They were in the library with the other scholars trying to find answers for the blood tree. Mikasa stumbled on an old dusty book with strange language that she couldn't comprehend, however despite the cover being in a strange language, the content itself wasn't made of an ancient language. The words were easily understandable. Eren was quick to left his area and run towards her, worried if she was hurt yet he found her sitting on the floor while reading a book. His worried face soon calmed down and he smiled. 

" I thought something had happened to you, I was so worried. "

" I'm sorry, I found a book. The cover was in a strange language but the contents weren't, I thought it might help. " She explained while showing him the book.