Chapter 20

Chapter 20

It's not over until I say so

       The looming darkness pulled her down, suffocating her in the process. Those nightmares came back, even more horrible than they were before and the Center of it all, Eren and the Blood tree.  Her dreams is so vivid  that she sometimes doesn't know the difference between reality and her dreams. The blood tree is on display infront of her, spilling it's content, her whole surrounding is like a pool of blood, and the vampires slowly evaporating infront of her. She was kneeling, all the while the person infront of her grins as it stood tall infront of her.

"You--" she mumbled in her weak state. "It's all your fault!" The man shouted at her.

                     __________

" Mikasa?" Sasha called her friend worriedly before putting a cup of coffee infront of her. "What the heck happened to you? Seriously, you look like a used rag right now."

Mikasa sigh, not offended of her words. " I had a nightmare."

"So? Your a grown ass woman, you can fight that."

"Except I can't."

"..and why not? "Sasha ask curiously, " Is it serious?"

" It's been years since I had this nightmares and it seems to grow worse and worst each day." She admitted," Gosh, I feel like shit sometimes. "

Sasha laughs at her, " Oh, gosh, it's gonna be ok. Don't worry too much."

"Man, I hate this."

"Then, let's have a drink later, I saw a new bar that they just opened last week." Sasha invited after seeing the frustrated look of Mikasa.

" Well, I guess." 

A dying crow lands on their window, pecking at it to get their attention. The two look at the crow, Sasha who was already standing walk closer to the window, the crow didn't go instead it continues to stare at the two. Mikasa felt creep out so she shut the blinds at the crow.

"Sorry, I had a bad feeling."

"Why, it's just a crow?"

"With blood red eyes, didn't you see it?"

"No, it does not have red eyes. You're hallucinating."

"No, I'm not." She was also confused. " I'm sure, it's eyes are red."

"I don't think it's good for you to drink tonight." Sasha look at her before she put down her glass. She is worried, Mikasa has been acting weird the past few days. She's not usually like this, she looks paranoid.
" Take a rest, I'll treat you tommorow."

Sasha left Mikasa's house with a deep sigh, she walk at the dark alleys, deeply thinking. Her senses didn't fail to recognize the vampires lurking around the place , waiting for their next victims. A human blood is like a drug to vampires, a drug that could kill them or a drug that could make them feel addicted. In most cases, vampires who drink human blood die in an instant but despite knowing it, vampires still drink human blood like a crazed animal.

She could hear screams from distances far away from her, she could feel the vampire crawl at her way. The same crow from Mikasa's window appear before her, still looking like it's about to die. She watched as the crow takes form. The messenger crow doesn't usually come unless it is an urgent matter. The crow began to speak.

" The king asks for the presence of Lady Braus at the palace."

"This urgent?" The crow didn't reply to her but it waved it's arm and a portal appear before her. She could feel the gazes of other crows from a distance, left with no choice but to come, she step inside the portal. Sasha felt herself violently thrown in a hard marble floor, so familiar to her that she could tell who owns the place. She bit her lip, unable to cry out in pain when she felt a sharp objects staplb her hand, blood ooze out of it but she refused to cry.