Jet

Beneath the canopies of the towering trees of a forest that shielded us from the scorching rays of the Sun, Katara, Sokka, Aang and I were relaxing and unwinding before we headed off for our next destination.

"Where's Momo?" Aang suddenly questions, looking around frantically for his companion.

Momo screeches as if he were responding to Aang's question from afar and following the sound of his screech, we find him ensnared in a cage, swaying high above the trees along with two other cages beside it, each of them holding an animal captive.

"Hang on, Momo!" Aang spins in a circle rapidly, using the air to lift him from tree to tree which he uses as leverage, bouncing off each of them and finally reaching Momo. He lowers the cage and Sokka and Katara release the poor flying lemur.

Aang lands beside us gracefully and after hearing the cries for help from the two other animals, he accedes to their request. "All right, you too."

I stop him before he could proceed. "Hold on, Aang, can I release them? I really need to practice my airbending."

"Alright, I'll do it with you," Aang smiled.

"Yeah, that'd be great," I smile back and I imitate Aang's actions from before, spinning rapidly and generating gusts of air to carry me up the tree, bouncing from tree to tree earlier just as Aang did.

We both reach the top at the same time and just as I was about to lower the cage, Sokka's boomerang steals the show, dashing in and knocking the cages down, breaking and releasing the trapped animals contemporaneously.

Aang was already climbing the tree, inching his way to where the traps were. "That works as well."

"Seriously Sokka?" I scowl at him from where I was, suddenly realising where I was and wishing that I hadn't looked down, my heart now racing at a hundred miles an hour.

"You guys were going to take forever!" I hear Sokka riposting from below.

I took deep breaths to calm myself and Aang, sensing my discomfort, takes hold of my hand and squeezes it. "It's okay, Suzume. Let's airbend our way down now."

I nod weakly and release his hand. Ignoring my fear to the best of my ability and spinning rapidly, I let the gusts of wind I generated aid and dictate my movement downwards as fast as possible, repeating the same process earlier in reverse, landing beside Katara and Sokka, just as Aang did.

"These are Fire Nation traps," Sokka noted, examining the cages punctiliously. "you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving."

We begin to gather our supplies, placing them on Appa's saddle. Just as Katara, Aang and I were about to get onto Appa, Sokka calls us back, shaking his head, "Uh uh. No flying this time."

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Katara questions incredulously.

"Think about it, somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable," Sokka reasoned, taking our supplies and sleeping bags from Appa's saddle.

"What? Appa's not too noticeable!" Katara argued.

Sokka points at Appa to substantiate his argument, "He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him!"

"Sokka's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have an arrow," Aang consoled, petting his flying bison comfortingly.

I sighed, attempting to rationalise with Sokka, "Sokka, think about it this way, would you rather travel by foot and get to our destinations in like a month or would you travel using a flying bison, who admittedly is noticeable, but gets us to our locations more efficiently?"