The Fortuneteller

The past few days have been the most boring days of my life and while I do admittedly like helping people, I did not know how boring and tiring it was to act as a babysitter to Sokka and Katara. They were both really sick due to the storm that happened so while Aang got to go hunt for the cure to their illness, I was stuck babysitting, fetching water for them, wetting cloths and placing them on their foreheads. 'Who knew the Avatar would have to act as a nurse?'

And while all that was happening, I did receive a vision of Aang being in trouble but being saved, by a guy in a blue mask, who turned out to be Zuko. 'I'm going to have to confront Aang about that.' I've kept it a secret from Katara and Sokka so far and I'd like for it to remain that way.

Presently, we were all sitting around a bundle of sticks at a lake, Sokka and Katara feeling much better after Aang managed to get back to us with the cure for the disease they were facing. Having just set up a campsite, we were all unwinding, the cloudy and grey canvas shielding us from the rays of the Sun.

"Look!" Katara exclaimed, pointing at a giant fish that had leapt up from the lake and back into it.

"He is taunting us! You are so going to be dinner!" Sokka grabs his fishing pole from his tent, attempting to cast the pole into the lake but to no avail, the fishing line out of all things missing from it. 

I arch an eyebrow in suspicion, "Where's the fishing line, Sokka?" 'How is it even possible to lose a fishing line?'

"Your guess is as good as mine, Suzume." Sokka folds his arms across his chest, staring at me suspiciously. "You didn't destroy it, did you?" 

"Excuse me, Sokka," I glared at him. "Why would you even accuse me of doing such a thing? Why would I even destroy a fishing line?!"

"Uh actually Sokka," Aang piped up. " I didn't think you would need it." He holds up an intricately woven necklace decorated with a red flower.

"Aw, it's all tangled!" Sokka complained.

"Not tangled. Woven! I made you a necklace, Suzume. I thought since you didn't have one, I wanted to surprise you with one, consider it a gift because you took care of Sokka and Katara while I was away," Aang smiled adorably.

"Aww Aang, that's very nice of you." I walk over to him, taking the necklace from him. "Thank you, Aang. It looks very nice."

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewellery-making business," Sokka remarked sarcastically.

"I don't see why I can't do both," Aang shrugged nonchalantly. While they continue bantering, I struggle to put on the necklace. 'How the heck does this even work?'

"Need a little help with that, Suzume?" Katara inquired, smiling and offering me a helping hand.

"Yes please," I smiled sheepishly, placing the necklace in her hands. "A hundred years trapped in that iceberg has made me terrible with my hands."

"It's okay, I understand," Katara manages to fit it onto my neck seamlessly within seconds. "You look pretty."

"Aw thanks, Katara. You're too kind. You're quite beautiful yourself, Katara."

"Thanks," Katara grinned. "You should show Aang how you look."

"Good idea," I chuckled, calling for the young airbender. "Aang!"

Aang turns around, his bored, expressionless face metamorphosing into one of joy and wonderment as soon as he looks at me.

"How do I look, Aang?" I smile, feeling my cheeks heating up a slight bit.