Return To Omashu

Aang stares off at Omashu in the distance, a shocked expression etched on his features, "I can't believe it. I know the war has spread far, but Omashu always seemed...untouchable."

"Up until now it was," Sokka amended, crossing his arms over his chest. "Now Ba Sing Se is the only great Earth Kingdom stronghold left."

"Well," I sighed. "honestly, we should've seen this coming. The Fire Nation has just been attempting so hard to expand their territory lately and we can't be everywhere at once to protect every city from them, even though we'd like to be."

Katara approaches us from behind, standing beside Aang, "This is horrible, but we have to move on."

"No, I'm going in to find Bumi," Aang persisted firmly.

"Aang, stop. We don't even know if Bumi's still," Sokka pauses, looking unsure if he should continue his sentence.

Aang whirls around, glaring at Sokka in anger, "What? If he's still what?"

"A-around," Sokka stuttered.

"I know you had your heart set on Bumi, but there are other people who can teach you and Suzume earthbending," Katara reminded. 

"This isn't about finding a teacher," Aang argued. "This is about finding my friend."

"Well, you have my support Aang," I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Let's go save Bumi."

I was relieved to see a small smile splitting Aang's features as he looked up at me gratefully, wrapping his arms around me. "Thank you, Suzume."

"Anytime, Aang," I release the hug, looking around the group. "Anyone has any objections to saving Bumi?"

And after receiving a unanimous no as a response, we assume our usual positions on Appa. Aang then directs Appa to the bottom of the bridge leading to Omashu, stopping at an entrance to what appeared to be a tunnel. We dismounted from him, standing off to the side while Aang attempted to open the entrance. Sokka and Katara don their disguises as we wait, Katara handing me a long-haired wig which I reluctantly put on.  

"A secret passage? Why didn't we just use this last time?" Sokka asked in irritation. His question was soon answered when Aang finally manages to force the lid off the tunnel, sewage waste gushing out of it like water cascading down a waterfall.

"That answer your question?" Aang hops into the tunnel first, not at all fazed by the sewage waste. 

"Katara, Sokka, come here." They do as I say and I slam my fists together, encasing the three of us in an air cocoon. "I am not coming out of this smelling like the sewer."

"Thank goodness we actually have someone caring about their hygiene!" Sokka exclaimed as we make our way into the tunnel. We progress through the sewage tunnel unscathed and clean thanks to the air repelling all the sewage away. We climb out from the sewage one by one onto a deserted dark road, Sokka being the last one to come out.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought," Katara admitted. "Thanks, Suzume."

I smile appreciatively, noticing two octopuses stuck on Sokka's face, "Uhh, Sokka, you may want to look at your face."

Sokka stares down, screaming in shock after spotting the two octopuses, "How did they even get there?"

He tries yanking them off desperately but to no avail, panicking and screaming at the same time. "Ahh! They won't let go! Help!"

Aang tackles Sokka into the wall, stopping him from screaming. "Shh! Stop making so much noise. It's just a purple pentapus." Aang then rubs the pentapus' head gently, successfully getting it off Sokka. Repeating the same procedure on the second pentapus, Sokka pulls the other pentapus off him. Aang pulls another pentapus stuck on Sokka's back with the same method. 'I did not even notice the third one there.'