Nightmares and Daydreams

A few days had passed and it was now nighttime when Appa lands on soft grassy terrain. Sheeps scattered the hills that dotted the horizon and beside us was just a serene harbour, surrounded by several cliffs. 

"This is it! The official rendezvous point for the invasion force," Sokka announced.

"How did you pick this place?" Toph questioned.

"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on the map. It's uninhabited, and the harbours surrounded by the cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place," Sokka answered.

"Nice choice, Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule," Katara complimented, laying out sleeping bags for Sokka and herself. I lie down on the grass beside Toph, staring up into the night sky.

Aang was just about to lie down beside me on the grass, readying himself for some sleep before he shoots back up panicked, realising what Katara said. "Wait! Four days? The invasion's in four days?"

Sokka settles into his sleeping bag, yawning in exhaustion. "Whatever. That's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and-" Sokka falls asleep before he could even finish.

"Sokka's got the right idea, Aang. We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is to get plenty of rest," Katara advised, getting into her sleeping bag and falling asleep as well.

"Aang, don't worry about the invasion too much. We'll all be there fighting with you and remember, the Fire Nation will be at a disadvantage," I reminded, patting him on the back. "And in order to win, we'll need to be as energised as possible so try to get some rest."

"I guess," Aang nodded half-heartedly, though I could still sense the doubt that remained within him. 

"Come on," I hug him. "We both need sleep."

Aang releases the hug, smiling at me gratefully, "Thanks Suzume."

"Always glad to help," I smiled back, both of us flopping to the ground and falling asleep almost instantly. My desire to have a good night's sleep was interrupted when a dream showed itself to me. I was in the Fire Nation throne room, in front of a towering wall of fire that stood between me and the Fire Lord.

"Your days of tyranny are over, Fire Lord! I'm bringing you down," I threatened, getting into my fighting stance. 

Ozai's figure grew larger as he stepped through the wall of fire, facing me eye-to-eye. "Really? How do you plan on doing that when you couldn't even save your father?"

I earthbend at him in rage, directing an earth pillar at him but he destroys it completely with firebending. "Soldiers, surround her!" Ozai ordered and soldiers came down in every direction, surrounding me in a circle of blazing fire that slowly narrowed with every passing second.

"I'll end you just like how my father ended your father's," Ozai staring straight into my eyes. I cried out in rage, airbending desperately at the flames but they only grew stronger. I wake up just as the flames swallow me whole, panting and sweating heavily. I turn over to the side, seeing that Aang had just awoken and was doing the same. I sensed that he also had a bad dream and after his dream briefly flashed before me, I look at his pants.

"Don't worry Aang, you still have your pants on," I reassured.

"Thanks," Aang nodded and his expression slowly turns sympathetic. He goes over to me, giving me a hug. "Suzume, don't worry about your dream. The firebenders won't be able to bend during the eclipse and I'll never ever let Ozai do that to you. You're safe with me and the rest, I'll always be here with you."

"It just makes me want to kill Ozai even more," I growled through clenched teeth. "I don't fear him, I just feel pure hatred whenever I think of him."

"Suzume, that's not healthy and remember what I said about valuing human lives, Suzume. Although Ozai is as bad as he is, he's still human and we can't just kill him."