Lake Laogai

A few days after what happened in the palace, we decided to continue our search for Appa. Since I was feeling a little lazy, I decide not to follow Aang and Katara out to print missing posters for Appa, opting to stay back with Toph and Sokka instead.

While they were out, I observe Sokka drawing pictures of the flying bison and frankly, it could not have been drawn any worse.

"Sokka, no offence but I think we should just wait for Aang and Katara. I mean, I appreciate the effort and I'm sure Aang would too but I don't think any of these drawings can be used as posters," I confessed.

"Hey! It's not that bad," Sokka protested. "I bet you wouldn't be able to draw him any better."

"I guess that's true," I conceded. "I never liked drawing. Honestly, even Toph would be able to draw better than I ever could."

"I probably could," Toph shrugged.

"Well, art is a form of creative expression and this is how I think Appa looks like," Sokka argued.

"Great, you do you, Sokka," I encouraged, shuddering slightly at the thoughts of what he'd draw up. 'Maybe I shouldn't encourage him.'  

Seconds later, Katara and Aang burst into our house, excitedly holding a bunch of posters. "We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara declared, holding up a well-illustrated poster with a picture of Appa on it.

"Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa poster was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa!" Sokka protested, holding up one of his drawings of Appa. "Suzume thinks it doesn't look good but I think it looks just fine."

Katara covers her mouth, trying her hardest not to burst out laughing while Aang points out an obvious flaw in his poster, "Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head."

"This is his head," Sokka points to Appa's supposed head in the poster, his head looking more like Appa's body.

"I think Suzume was being kind," Katara takes the poster out of his, staring at it in confusion. "Why are feet coming out of it?"

"Those are his horns," Sokka corrected, snatching back his poster. "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?"

"It looks just like him to me!" Toph commented mockingly and I chortle at this, I just couldn't help myself.

"Thank you, Toph. See, Suzume, even Toph thinks it's-" Sokka paused, glaring at Toph after remembering her blindness. "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

"And I don't get how you can't remember that," I sighed.

"Let's just stick with the professional version," Katara advised, causing Sokka to rip up his posters in frustration.

"Come on, let's get busy!" Aang announced. "Suzume, come with me." He distributes Appa's poster between the two of us equally and using our gliders, we fly over Ba Sing Se in opposite directions, dropping posters of Appa all over the city. We then meet back at our house and we both enter the house, Aang brimming with excitement.

"We just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?" Aang inquired.

"It's only been a day. Just be patient," Sokka advised.

Seconds later, someone knocks on our door and Aang zooms over to the door eagerly, "Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off!" Aang opens the door, revealing the original Joo Dee we saw the first time we met. "Joo Dee?"

We all stare at her in surprise as she enters the house and approaches us all. "Hello, Aang, Suzume, Katara, Sokka, and Toph."

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka questioned.