The Blind Bandit

We had by now moved on to our next city and after Aang and I put on our respective disguises at the behest of Katara and Sokka, we walk across its busy and bustling streets. Sokka seems intrigued by something in a shop and he quickly goes over to check it out, the rest of us following in tow.

Sokka was inspecting a bag, of all things in interest, pondering whether or not to buy it, "It's pricey...but I really do like it."

"Then you should get it, you deserve something nice," Katara encouraged. 

"I do, don't I? But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't," Sokka sighed.

"All right, then don't," Katara responded, walking away from him with Aang and I trailing her. 

A man suddenly approaches us, a few flyers in hand, "Psst, psst! Hey, you kids love earthbending? Do you like...throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earthbending Academy." 

He hands Aang a flyer and walks off. After further inspection, Aang finds a coupon stuck on the back of the flyer, "Look! There's a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free."

"Who knows? This Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher both of you have been looking for," Katara beamed.

"But there's only one coupon at the back. So, Aang, are you going or am I going?" I inquired.

"Well, I guess I'll go," Aang smiled. "I've always wondered what earthbending would be like."

"Alright," I nodded. "Glad that's settled." Sokka joins us a short while after, the green bag he wanted in hand.

Time Skip

After waiting outside the academy for what felt like hours, Aang emerges from the academy with the other students, looking unconvinced judging by his features. 

"So, Master Yu's not the one for us?" I questioned. 

"Ehhh, he's not the one," Aang confirmed, tilting his head to the side to allow sand to fall out of his left ear. 

Two male students leave the academy last and I roughly overhear their conversation, both of them discussing something about some earthbending league or competition.

Aang's interest was ignited by this, instantly going over to approach them, "Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of Noneya," one of the students answered, sounding genuine at first. "Noneya business!" They start laughing, walking away from Aang. 

I clench my fists, raising them and ready to go over to knock the two students out. Katara surprisingly lowers them, glaring at them, "I'll take care of this."

"Hey, strong guys! Wait up!" Katara dashes after the students after they rounded a corner.

I walk over to Aang, patting him on the back consolingly, "You alright?"

Aang nodded, flashing me a smile, "I'm just wondering how we're going to find a good earthbending teacher."

"Me too," I sighed, trying to think optimistically. "But you know what, I have a really good feeling that we'll find one soon enough."

"What was I thinking?" Sokka suddenly shouts abruptly, startling both Aang and me. "I don't need a new bag! Why did you two let me buy this?"

"It was your choice, Sokka," I deadpanned. "You're the one at fault, not us."

Sokka merely grumbles in response, placing the bag on the floor where Momo happily takes refuge in. 

Katara runs back to us smiling, "Both of you ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble VI!"