The Storm

Darkness, everything was alright at first. I was sound asleep, with no disturbances at all, no dreams until I see flashes of a furious and tempestuous storm, lightning streaking the sky, rain beating down on the sea and in front of me, a lone ship stood floating on the choppy seas. I hear someone shouting for me from the ship, a feminine voice, almost similar to mine but I couldn't see her at all.

"No, Suzume! It's too dangerous!"

Two figures, a massive figure and a small figure but impossible to make out in the dark, were descending rapidly from the sky, plunging into the ocean with a massive splash. 'Who were those creatures?' I then see flashes of me jumping from the ship, swimming desperately in the sea and frantically attempting to reach out for them before a blinding flash of light hits my eyes. 'Did that actually happen? Or was it all just a nightmare?'

I wake up, gasping and screaming, my heart racing and palpitating. I hear another scream ringing out, surprised to see Aang also awake beside me and doing the same.

Our screams woke Katara and Sokka, both of them getting up drowsily in confusion.

"What's going on?" Sokka looks around groggily. "Did we get captured again?"

"Uh sorry about that," I apologised. "I had a bad dream."

"Yeah sorry," Aang nods. "I also had a bad dream. Just go back to sleep."

"Don't have to tell me twice," Sokka groaned, dropping back down into his sleeping bag.

Katara looks at both of us in concern. "Are you two all right?"

"Yeah," both of us nod in unison.

"We just need some rest," Aang reassured. "I think we're just really tired from all the fighting."

"Alright," Katara nods, curling back into her sleeping bag.

Both Aang and I exchange glances but end up saying nothing, both of us going back to our sleeping positions from before. 'What was that dream meant to be? Why was there someone calling me back? And who was that shouting?'

I let my thoughts plunge me back into the realm of slumber, only waking up when the slothful and gentle rays of the Sun touch my eyes.

I open my eyes, already seeing Aang and Sokka on Appa and Katara already packing up our supplies.

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I inquired, leaping onto Appa's saddle with airbending.

"Actually, we were just deciding on who should do it because you tend to get a little grumpy when someone wakes you up," Sokka chuckled nervously.

"Really? I never get grumpy or angry," I smiled. "I'm always in a good mood."

I hear Sokka snorting and I instantly glare at him, scolding him sharply, "What's so funny about that?"

He suddenly turns mute. "Nothing."

"Look at those clear skies!" Aang shouted, pointing at the skies. "Should be some smooth flying."

"Well, we better smoothly fly," Katara walks on Appa's tail, placing all our supplies in Appa's saddle and sitting down. "ourselves to a market, 'cause we're out of food."

"Guys, wait. This was in my dream. We shouldn't go to the market," Sokka warned.

"What happened in your dream?" Katara questions curiously.

"Food eats people!" Sokka shouts dramatically, wiggling his arms dramatically. "Also, Momo could talk. You said some very unkind things."

The flying lemur droops his head in shame while I simply roll my eyes and pet Momo consolingly, "Sokka, I'm going to need you to use that brain of yours."