The Drill

We decide to wait for the arrival of the group before proceeding. We spot them from afar, gliding to their position with our gliders and landing in front of them. 

"Aang, Suzume, what are you two doing here? I thought you were both looking for Appa," Katara inquired in surprise.

"We were, but something stopped me. Something big," Aang explained.

We lead the group to the walls of Ba Sing Se, where Aang, Toph and I earthbend the group up the wall with a rock. Everyone manages to alight safely thankfully and all of us now were standing on top of the wall of Ba Sing Se.

"Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka questioned in annoyance.

"That," I point at the drill. 

"We made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe. No one is!" Ying cried despairingly, huddling around with her family members.

Two guards approach us, staring at us suspiciously. "What are you people doing here? Civilians aren't allowed on the wall!" 

"We're the Avatars," I point to Aang and myself. "Take us to whoever is in charge."

The guards lead us to a sheltered area, where an Earth Kingdom general (judging by his uniform) sat behind a desk and greeted us rather happily, "It is an honour to welcome you two to the Outer Wall, young Avatars, but both your help is not needed."

"Not needed?" Aang questioned in surprise.

"Not needed," the general reiterated calmly. "I have the situation under control. I assure you both that the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded." 

"You sound pretty confident that they won't break in," I crossed my arms unconvinced.

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in," Toph pointed out. 

"Well ... uh, technically yes, but he was quickly expunged. Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se," the general joked, bursting out laughing at his own joke before turning serious again. "That means penetrable city."

"Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem," Toph reminded.

"Not for long. To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team." The general leads us back outside, peering through a telescope presumably to get a closer look at the drill and his troops.

"That's a good group name. Very catchy," Sokka commented. I try to take a look at what was going on down there but the troops were too far to be visible. And judging by the general's reaction, his troops must've been defeated.

The general pulls away from the telescope, flailing his arms in panic. "We're doomed!"

Sokka slaps the general's face, reinstilling some form of composure within him. "Get a hold of yourself, man!" 'I would've done the same thing too.'

"You're right. I'm sorry," the general sighed.

"Maybe you'd like the Avatars' help now?" Toph deadpanned.

The general stands before Aang and me, bowing his head humbly. "Yes, please." 

"The question is, how are we going to stop that thing?" We all turn to look at Sokka expectantly as we were by now already used to him coming up with ideas.

Sokka stares at us weirdly. "Why are you all looking at me?"

"You're the idea guy," Aang shrugged.

"So I'm the only one who can ever come up with a plan? That's a lot of pressure," Sokka complained.