Bato Of The Water Tribe

Navigating our way through a forest beside a beach, we were pretty much exhausted in the planning department, with no one coming up with any concrete plans of what they wanted to do or where we should head next. Since no one had any plans, we naturally decided to land and set foot in a random area.

Sokka, Aang and I slide down a slope and Aang stumbles upon something. "Hey, look!" He pulls a curved sword out of the ground. "A sword made out of a whale's tooth."

"Let me see that," Sokka snatches the weapon out of Aang's grasp, examining and scrutinising it meticulously. "This is a Water Tribe weapon. See if you two can find anything else."

"Sure," I nodded, scouring the ground for any indication or signs of any weapons along with the boys.

I notice Katara approaching us, an inquisitive expression written all over her features. "Did someone lose something?"

"No, we found something!" Aang answered cheerfully.

"It's burned," Sokka declared solemnly and I turned back, seeing him holding a burnt spear. "There was a battle! Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders. The firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill."

Sokka leaps down the hill, sprinting towards the beach, the rest of us hot on his heels. Sokka comes to a halt abruptly and so did we.

"So, then what happened?" Aang questioned expectantly.

"I don't know. The trail ends here," Sokka answered in disenchantment.

"Wait, look!" Katara exclaimed, pointing to a ship in almost flawless condition, half-obscured by giant rocks.

The four of us run to the ship and after he carries out a thorough inspection, Sokka begins smiling, "It's one of our boats!"

"Is this dad's boat?" Katara asked in excitement.

"No, but it's from his fleet. Dad was here," Sokka concluded, his statement devoid of any vestiges of doubt.

Time Skip

The Sun concealed itself and the Moon unveiled its cloak, bringing darkness along with it. The fire crackled with a low hum, illuminating our campsite dimly. Aang and Katara slept fairly early tonight I would say, both of them already fast asleep.

I had trouble sleeping for some reason so I stayed up, staying silent as Sokka ruminated upon something, something that was working him up judging by how he was staring intensely at our campfire.

I couldn't stay silent any longer, allowing curiosity to dictate my speech. "Anything on your mind, Sokka?"

"Hmm," Sokka snapped back to reality. "Oh nothing, Suzume. Nothing to worry about."

I crossed my arms, utterly unconvinced by a word he just said. 'Nothing to worry about he said.'

Before I could prod any further, I hear rustling from somewhere not far from us and judging by Sokka's reaction, he did too.

"Who's there?" Sokka stood up alertly, boomerang already in hand.

I stand in my battle stance, preparing to airbend and training my gaze on my surroundings to scan the area for potential threats.

A man steps into the light, the upper portion of his torso almost completely covered by bandages. "Sokka?"

Sokka stares at the man quizzically, his features beginning to split into a broad smile. "Bato?"

I drop my hands to the side and relax as the two sleeping giants behind me awaken from their slumber.

"Who the what now?" Aang questioned in confusion, unable to suppress his yawn.