The Avatars and The Fire Lord

The past few days have been relatively peaceful, until the sudden appearance of a bloodthirsty assassin who was sent to kill both Aang and me. (Which is just another normal day in the office for both of us pretty much and another instance where the Fire Nation (I suspect) is going all out just to capture two 12-year-old kids).

Flashback: 

Finding a sequestered area surrounded by a hill and just beside a hot spring, we decide to sleep there for the night before we would inevitably proceed with our journey.

Thinking that I'd get a peaceful and uninterrupted night of sleep, I was gravely mistaken as I usually was most of the time when it came to sleeping. In the middle of the night, Toph's loud voice rouses me from my sleep. "Guys, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but it feels like a metal man is coming."

I get up, rubbing my eyes groggily along with the others. 

"Yup, sounds like something that could actually happen given all that we've been through," I sighed.

A glaring beam of light suddenly shines into my eyes and I look away quickly, bending the light away from me to the side. I spare a glance at the source of the light, looking up at the hill and seeing a man with a metallic pair of hands and legs, and as if that wasn't weird enough, he had three eyes, a massive one lying on his forehead. He eyes us down angrily and we instinctively get into our respective fighting stances in anticipation of what he'd do next. 

Inhaling deeply with his stomach tensing and aiming his forehead directly at our group, I knew whatever was about to come wasn't going to be anything pleasantly. I instinctively take a few steps back, moving away from him warily. Seconds later, he shoots a beam from his forehead that pierces and whistles through the air, hitting a rock directly in front of us and causing it to explode, knocking us all back. 

Toph was the first one back on her feet, earthbending a wave of rocks up to the man. He merely shoots out the same beam from his third eye, exploding upon making contact with the rocks.

Swiftly after, he directs a similar beam at our group during which the rest of us were already back on our feet. Aang and I draw massive gusts of air to block the attack but it still explodes upon contact with the air, knocking both of us further back. 

Katara races in front of us, drawing a massive wave of water as she ran towards the man. She directs the wave of water at him but again, all he did was direct a beam at it and again, an explosion happened, sending smoke flying our way and obscuring us from his view. 

Using this to our advantage, we take the opportunity to take cover and hide behind a rock. 

Sokka flails his arms up in frustration. "This is crazy! How can we beat a guy who blows things up with his mind?"

"We can't! Jump on Appa! I'll try to distract him!" Aang ordered.

"You mean we'll distract him," I amended. "Katara, Sokka, Toph, you guys go on Appa. We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible."

The three of them nodded, going over to Appa while Aang and I ran across the smoke, jumping out of it and leaping up the hill with airbending. The man instantly spots us, sending a beam at us immediately. 

We evade it with airbending, sliding down the hill to an area full of rock pillars while the man gave chase.

'Suzume, you go left, I'll go right. We can distract him easier that way.'

'Got it Aang.'

We went our separate ways, heading in the directions Aang had in mind. For a split second, the man was torn between choosing who to pursue but he ultimately decides to pursue me. 'Why am I not surprised?'

The man shoots a beam at the two rock pillars in front of me as I was running, the resulting explosion knocking the pillars down. I circumvent them quickly, sending the pillars back at him with earthbending to buy me some time.

He merely blasts through them with his beam, continuing to pursue me. A sudden gust of air knocks him off balance from the side, causing him to stumble. He grunts at this, sending a beam to the side but hitting no one as Aang had already made his way up the rock pillar beside me. He uses earthbending to send the pillar at him, but he quickly reacted to it, blasting through it and disintegrating it.