Sokka's Master

"Wow, this is amazing to watch," Katara commented in amazement as the five of us were watching tens of meteors streak through the night sky, their light blue tails setting the sky alight. 'Though that colour does unsettle me a little.'

"Kind of makes you realise how insignificant we are," Sokka added.

Toph shrugged casually. "Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times." A meteor from the sky begins rushing to the ground and our gazes begin following the meteor's path anxiously.

"Oh man," Sokka stands up. "you've never not seen anything like this." All of us except Toph quickly rise beside him, watching the meteor flying overhead and crash nearby, setting that area ablaze and sending plumes of smoke flying up. We look at each other in concern, quickly getting onto Appa and flying to the crash site of the meteor. 

"The fire is gonna destroy that town!" Katara exclaimed.

"Not if we can stop it!" Aang countered and Appa lands next to the crash site, all of us except Katara alighting from Appa immediately.

"There's a creek over here. I'll bend the water onto the fire." Katara whips the reins and Appa takes off again. 

"Toph, Suzume, let's make a trench to stop the fire from coming any closer," Aang ordered, all of us getting to work immediately.

"What should I do?" Sokka inquired, looking a little annoyed.

"Keep an eye on Momo," Aang suggested before joining Toph and me in earthbending a large trench around the fire.

"So what, I'm just a lemur sitter?" Sokka protested. 

We ignore him, continuing to carry out our respective tasks. Toph puts out some part of the fire by earthbending tiles of earth over the flames and Katara comes back carrying a massive globule of water on Appa, swinging by the flames and putting them out. 

The remainder of the globule was given to both Aang and me to expel the remaining flames.

"Sokka, stand clear!" I shouted. "I'm giving you a heads-up this time since you wanted one last time so don't blame me if anything happens to you."

"Right," Sokka picks up Momo, beginning to plod away from us. "Staying clear, got it."

Aang and I exchange brief glances, nodding to each other as we swirled the water around in the air, using a combination of waterbending and airbending to launch it at the flames. The water expands into a dome, putting out the flames and bursting into snow which somehow finds its way over to Sokka. 

"Good work, everybody," Aang complimented and Sokka pops out from the pile of snow, coated thoroughly in it and looking displeased. 'I kinda pity him.'

Time Skip

The next morning, we went to the town just nearby the site of the meteor crash to have some breakfast which I was absolutely craving, my appetite for food has grown a lot stronger since what happened. Sokka sits beside us with his back turned against us, staring out at the town. 

Aang, Katara, Toph and I sit at a table, chatting as our food was placed in front of us. "These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night," Aang pointed out.

"Yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore. I miss the love," Toph sighed. 

"Sometimes it gets a little repetitive," I shrugged. "I don't mind not getting that kind of hero worship to be honest."

"Boo-hoo, poor heroes," Sokka remarked sarcastically.

"What's your problem? You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug." Katara pointed at the dish sitting beside him.