The Library

After a few days of Aang and I relentlessly training our waterbending and earthbending, we decide to take a little break by each picking mini-vacations. Since I didn't know where to go, I just decided to share Aang's pick, which he did not reveal to me or anyone else, wanting to keep it a surprise. After all of us board Appa, Aang takes us to a prairie, the ground full of little holes and openings. 

All of us alight from Appa, Aang unexpectedly pulling out a wooden flute from his robes. 'Aang, you never told me you carried a wooden flute with you around all this time.'

Aang's chuckles fill my head. 'Hehehe.' 

"What's out here?" Sokka questioned, staring off into the distant mountains and the barren landscape ahead.

Toph presses her hand against the floor, "A lot, actually. There are hundreds of little..."

Aang cuts her off, "Shh! I know you can see underground but don't ruin the surprise. Just watch." He sits cross-legged in front of the holes, putting the wooden flute to his lips. He blows a note on it and what appeared to be a groundhog pops up, mimicking its sounds, "Yeah!" Aang plays another note, another groundhog popping out to mimic it. "I'm putting an orchestra together."

"Orchestra, huh?" Sokka makes a bunch of hand gestures as he sings sarcastically, "Well, la-di-da."

Three groundhogs pop out from the ground, mimicking the exact notes he sang, at the exact same octane it was sung. Momo dives into one of the holes, trying to catch one of the groundhogs that popped up. 

Aang continued playing four notes with his flute, the groundhogs popping up accordingly and imitating each note that he played. Before he could play another note, Sokka plugs up the flute with his finger, causing no tune to play and Aang's cheeks to swell. Aang stares at Sokka sadly. 

Sokka sighs, explaining his actions, "This is great and all, but don't we have more important things to worry about? We should be making plans."

"We did make plans. We're all picking mini-vacations," Toph reminded.

"Yeah and no offence, Aang, the groundhogs were nice and all but I was expecting a lot more than this when I decided that I would share your pick," I added. "But ah well, it was still nice I guess."

"Well, there's no time for vacations," Sokka countered. 

"Suzume and I have been learning the elements as fast as we can. We practice hard every day with Toph and Katara. I've been training my arrow off!" Aang protested.

Katara walks beside Aang, supporting Aang's statement, "Yeah, what's wrong with having a little fun in our downtime?"

"Even if both of you do master all of the elements, then what? It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation. Should we just head west until we reach the Fire Lord's house?" Sokka pretends to knock on an imaginary door. "Knock, knock. Hello, Fire Lord? Anybody home? I don't think so. We need some intelligence if we're going to win this war."

Aang quickly sneaks in another note with his flute, a groundhog popping up underneath Sokka and singing the note.

Katara giggles at this, "All right, we'll finish our vacations and," Katara turns to Sokka mockingly. "then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence."

Aang and I burst out laughing at this, eventually recovering our composure. Aang then takes out a map, showing it to Katara. "Your turn, Katara. Where would you like to go on your mini-vacation?"

Katara inspects the map before her finger finally lands on a spot that had an image of a waterfall, "How about the Misty Palms Oasis? That sounds refreshing."