The Day Of The Black Sun Part 1: The Invasion

"Suzume." Someone taps me on the shoulder repeatedly and I wake up, turning to look at a smiling and cheerful Aang who greets me eagerly, "Good morning. Had a good sleep?"

"Yes, I did and from the looks of it, you did too," I smiled. "Ready for the invasion?"

"More than ready, I'm excited about it!" Aang shouted jovially.

"Good," I nodded, getting up from the comfy bed with him. "Let's find the others."

We find them at the harbour with Sokka hunched over a few maps intensely and Katara beside him, lending him a little moral support. Toph was just sitting idly on a rock with nothing to do.

Momo spots us and immediately flies over to us, landing on Aang's shoulder. Aang pats him on the head gently and greets him with exuberance, "Top of the morning, Momo!"

Katara turns back to face us with a smile. "Sounds like you two slept well."

"Like a baby moose lion," Aang responded cheerily, raising his fists into a fighting stance effervescently.

I glance at Aang in slight confusion. "I don't know what that means but we're ready to take on the Fire Lord!"

"So, what's both of your strategies for taking him down? Toph smiles, raising her hands to her eyes and wiggling her outward in a mimicry of the Avatar State. "Gonna both get your glow on and," Toph punches the air with a determined expression on her face. "hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

"Uhhh," Both Aang and I exchange sad glances. "We can't."

"You see, when Azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe and since Suzume's energy and mine are interconnected, her seventh chakra also became locked and she lost all her connection to cosmic energy," Aang explained.

"You know what I just heard? Blah, blah, spiritual mumbo jumbo blah, blah, something about space," Toph frowned in disappointment. 'Yeah, we should have expected that from Toph.'

"Well, it doesn't mean that we can't defeat the Fire Lord without the Avatar State, he'll be powerless during the eclipse anyway," I countered. "To use the Avatar State would be overkill, even if we could activate it."

"Eh, it'd still be better if you and Twinkle Toes used it if both of you could even activate it," Toph shrugged. "Just in case."

"Oh, no," Katara points to a thick blanket of fog that was fast approaching our position. "Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

"No," Sokka stand up, peering through the fog and gasping. "that is the invasion!"

Five ships emerge from the fog and we immediately race over to the shoreline, where Aang, Toph and I make makeshift docks from earthbending for the ships.

Familiar faces begin alighting from the ships and already, Katara and Sokka race over to their father to give him a hug.

I smile a little at this and I feel Aang patting my shoulder comfortingly, whispering into my ear, "It's okay, Suzume. Your parents still remember you and I'm sure they'd give you a hug if they were here."

"It's okay, Aang, I know they are watching me and I know they'd do that. Besides, I have a new family now." I hug him.

"Awww." He returns the hug immediately. 'I love you Suzume.'

'Love you too Aang.'

"Wait," Aang squints his eyes over my shoulder. "Isn't that Akemi?"

I break the hug, quickly turning back and gasping in delight when I saw her.