Mini Adventure: Relics

Running low on supplies, we landed in a mountainous area along our way to the Northern Water Tribe, seeing as there was a market nearby. After setting up camp, we proceeded to the market to purchase much-needed necessities. And having nothing to do since Katara and Sokka were both purchasing our supplies, Aang and I wend our way around the market, browsing and checking out the variety of stalls that were present.

I hear Katara complaining in the distance already, admonishing her brother, "Come on, Sokka! Make up your mind. We've wasted enough time here. We have to be on our way to the Northern Water Tribe!" 

Sparing a glance over in their direction, I see Sokka gazing inquisitively at some colourful clothes on display in one of the stalls, "I could use one of these."

"Necessary supplies, Sokka!" Katara scolded.

I feel a sudden tug on my arm, redirecting my attention back to Aang. 

"Suzume, look!" Aang exclaimed excitedly, pointing to some ancient relics lying on a mat before a merchant. "Airbending relics! We have to check that out, come on!" 

Aang grabs my hand, dragging me with him to the said merchant's stall. 

"Fine and rare items! Have a look!" the merchant announced as soon as he saw us coming. 

I pick up the relic that catches my eye the most, a pendant bearing the symbols of all four nations combined that not only drew my attention, it also looked uncannily familiar, it was almost as if I had seen it somewhere before, but I just couldn't place my finger on it. Aang picks up a similar pendant, his pendant only bearing the symbol of the Air Nation.

 Aang picks up a similar pendant, his pendant only bearing the symbol of the Air Nation

(The symbol of the four nations combined)

"Look, Suzume. An ancient airbender pendant," Aang holds the aforementioned pendant proudly, his eyes widening in astonishment when he saw the one I was holding. "Whoa! I've never seen an ancient pendant like that before! It looks so cool!"

"That's a good choice, young girl," the merchant nodded in approval. "Legend says it belonged to a strong airbending master from the Eastern Air Temple."

"Eastern Air Temple?!" Aang exclaimed in excitement. "Wait a minute, I feel like I've seen this pendant before! But I can't remember which airbending master it belonged to. Where'd you get this from?" Aang points to the pendant in his grasp.

"A man traded it for medicinal herbs two days ago," the merchant informed.

Aang immediately bombards the merchants with more questions, "Did he tell you where he got it? Did he have more? What did he look like? Did he say where he's from?"

"He came from the high mountain. Probably a traveller who got lost. No one from the nearby villages would go there. The mountain is sacred, full of flying spirits," the merchant answered calmly.