Chapter Three

Lorena

"And you're sure you want to do this?" my mother asks me tiredly. "Mom, the incident was only a week ago. The doctor said you need to rest. But we need the money. So, I'll go for you. How hard can it be to clean the huge estate," I say playfully. The incident at the Russo estate was only a week ago. It upset my mother so much that she has been on sick leave for a week. But since we can't do without the money, I have to go.

"What about school? You have classes, don't you?" "Yeah, but Leslie said she'd send me all the important information and the exams aren't for a few months." She nods wearily. "Please don't forget Mr. Russo doesn't like it at all when you go to his office. You can get all the cleaning supplies from the break room and if you have any questions ask Tony. He's the security man and I'm sure he'll be happy to help you."

"Yes, I can do it. Love you. Now, get some rest." I give her a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the house. Since I'm much taller than my mom, her uniform looks a little short on me. But according to my mother, Mr. Russo insists on uniforms, so I guess I have no choice.

Since I don't want to be late, I'll just have to take the bus. When the bus arrives, I get on and sit down in the last seat. Since my mother always works at night, there are not many people on the bus. I put headphones on and listen to music.

When the station is called, I get up and get out of the bus. From the bus stop it is still a 15-minute walk. After I arrive slightly sweaty, I see that the gate is closed this time. I press the intercom and wait. "Mr. Russo's estate. How can I help you?", an unknown voice asks. "Hi, I'm filling in for my mother Andrea Castio today." "Okay, you can come in, after that you will be searched, and you can enter the estate." A loud noise is heard, and the gate opens. My mother didn't tell me anything about being searched. But maybe they only do that to me because I'm new.

When I arrive at the front door, I see that two-armed men are standing at the door. "Open bag." Okay, he's clearly never heard of please and thank you. I open my bag and he rifles through my contents. "Hey, take it easy," I yell. "I don't want you messing up my whole bag." "We still have to pat you down." Wide-eyed, I look at him. "You're certainly not touching me. You really think I'm carrying a gun?"

He raises an eyebrow and looks at me, waiting. I cross my arms in front of my chest and look at him, annoyed. "No patting down, no stepping in." "Then get me a female, she can pat me down. You and your chunky hands are not getting anywhere near me." I see him angrily clench his hands into fists. "Hey, what are you doing here?" This voice sounds familiar. Mauro, I think that was Dante's friend. "Well, look at you. What gives us the honor?", he looks at me with a grin. "My mother is sick, and I have to help her out. This idiot here wants to pat me down. But I said I want a woman." He looks me up and down and starts laughing. I totally forgot I was wearing a uniform. Suddenly the uniform feels too tight and too short. "Angelo, let her in. I'm sure she doesn't have a gun. And I'm also sure Dante wouldn't be thrilled if he knew you touched her." What the hell does Dante have to do with this?

He moves to the side, and I say with a smile, "Thanks Chunky." I hear him mutter something under his breath but ignore it. "Where's the break room? My mom said that's where the cleaning supplies are." "Straight ahead, then the first door on the right." Why is he smiling at me so funny. I nod and start walking. This could be a long night.

Dante

"Where is everyone?" I've been waiting for my men for over 20 minutes. However, they haven't shown up yet. I get up from my office chair and walk out the door. I can hear animated voices coming from the living room. Angrily, I go downstairs and open my mouth to yell at them, but I am speechless. Standing bent over in front of the table is none other than Lorena, wiping it clean. And what the hell is she wearing? The uniform should be anything but sexy.

The better question is, where is her mother? And suddenly all my men have gathered in the living room. "What the hell is going on here?", I scream. All my men jump up from the sofa and some even turn red. "Are you finally picking up your sheep?" asks Lorena, annoyed. "What are you doing here? Where's Andrea and what are you wearing anyway?" "Cleaning up. Sick. The uniform you gave my mother," she replies. "You better get out of here before I completely forget myself," I yell, pointing to the door. My men run out one by one.

"Why are you cleaning my house dressed like a hooker?" She laughs in disbelief and continues cleaning. "Don't test me, Principessa," I growl. "What do you want me to say? I'm sorry the uniform you gave my mother is too tight. I'm sorry my mom is on sick leave after almost having a heart attack because of you. Dante, you'd make my life a lot easier if you'd let me get on with my work in peace," she says, sighing. Frustrated, I run my hand through my hair. Normally I never feel bad when I insult someone, so why do I have such a tight feeling in my throat now.

Furious, I go to my office where Mauro is already waiting for me. "What!", I shout. "I didn't say anything. Trouble in paradise?" he asks, laughing. I grab a glass of scotch and down it in one gulp. "I feel like beating someone. Is Graham still downstairs?" Mauro nods and we head to the basement. In the basement, I see Graham chained to the wall with his head hanging.

"Who has already played with him? I told you I wanted to be the first." Is it so hard to listen to me? I grab a long sharp knife and walk toward Graham. "Wake up sunshine, the party can start now." He lifts his head and spits in my face. "You're about to stop laughing." All at once I lunge and punch him with all my force in the face.

"So, Graham tell me what was Callum doing here? Was he looking for something specific? Was he just trying to scare my guests?" With each question, I punch him in the face. I only hear him moaning loudly. Why am I not enjoying this? I love to get information out of people. "You can keep questioning him, I don't feel like it anymore," I say annoyed and walk out of the basement. Without a glance in the direction of the living room, where Lorena is probably still standing, I go into my study.

"What are you doing here?" "This is my house don't forget that," my father says after taking a sip of my scotch. "Since the party couldn't happen because of you, I haven't found a suitable woman yet. I think Nadia would make a good wife. She comes from a good family and is beautiful to look at," he says while he grins dirtily. "Over my dead body," I hiss. "Do you have a better idea? You know I'm not handing over the Cosa Nostra to you without a wife who will bear a child in the near future," he yells as he jumps up from his chair.

"I've already found my own wife," I say. What the hell am I doing here? "Ah, and who is that?" "Her name is Lorena and we're getting married soon." Getting married soon? She can't be in the same room with me, let alone talk to me. "Lorena? What Family is she from?" "She's the daughter of the cleaning lady. She's Italian and I don't have to convince you." "You, the future head of the mafia, want to tell me that you want to marry the cleaning lady's daughter," he says incredulously. Just as I'm about to say something else in response, there's a knock at the door. I open the door and there stands the last person I can use at the moment.