Chapter Ten

Lorena

"You're glowing today."

"It's a really nice day." I say with a grin as I walk through the park with Tommy. 

"It's cold as hell and windy. On top of that, it's about to start raining." 

"You're so grouchy. Look at the bright side of life," I say with a laugh. "Tommy, you agree with me, don't you?", I ask him. "Yeah, definitely. Connor is just grouchy." Connor just shakes his head, and we keep walking.

Am I in a good mood because a certain men left me a note today saying, "Next time I'll eat you as the main course, the appetizer wasn't enough." Maybe!

I feel the relationship with Dante is getting more and more complicated because we are going to get married in a few days and this is supposed to be purely platonic. However, it no longer feels like a platonic relationship.

I would never say I love him, that just doesn't apply at the time. However, I am no longer completely indifferent to him. 

Yesterday, when he showed up at my house with his stab wounds, my heart dropped. I was really scared for him. Unfortunately, I could not look at his wounds today because he was already gone.

"So, you and the Italian." It was only a matter of time before Connor turned me on to Dante. "Yeah, me and the Italian." 

"How did that even happen? I'm pretty sure you were single until recently and suddenly you're engaged."

"Tommy, do you want to go feed the ducks? Connor and I will sit on the bench and watch you." He nods and takes the breadcrumbs from my hand. He puts them on his lap and rolls toward the lake.

"It's pretty simple. We met through my mother, and everything happened pretty quickly. We love each other and just wanted to get married as soon as possible," I say as believably as I can. At least it's not all lies.

"I just don't want you to make a mistake. You're usually so thoughtful," he says as he takes my hand in his. "I appreciate your concern, but I know what I'm doing." I pull my hand out of his and pat his hand awkwardly. 

"We should get going. Tommy's dad is about to pick him up." He nods and we stand up.

--

"You get drunk, ditch me at the club, and to top it off, you're engaged. Who are you and what have you done with my friend?" 

"You're the second person to ask me that today," I say with a laugh. "You have other friends besides me." I stick my tongue out at Jorge. "And that's exactly why I didn't tell you. You're mean." I say. 

"I'm sorry I didn't let you know sooner, but everything happened pretty fast. However, since I want to make it up to you, you can help me pick out a wedding dress."

Grinning, I wait for his answer. "I, Jorge Luis Giuseppe Berlusconi would feel absolutely honoured. Are we leaving right now? Oh man I don't know if I have the right outfit on for this."

 Laughing, I shake my head. Exactly, that's why I love Jorge. He can never stay mad at you for long. 

"Yeah, I have an appointment with Vera Wang in 15 minutes." 

"THE VERA WANG? I'm definitely wearing the wrong thing. I'm going to the bathroom for a minute to try to get my hair under control and then we can go." Before I can say anything, he has already jumped up and run off.

I pick up my phone and see that I have received a message from Dante. Smiling, I read his message.

DANTE: What are you doing right now?