Chapter Thirteen

Lorena
„and what are we going to do now?", I ask while hanging my head over the sofa. I'm so bored. I'm locked up in this huge villa and they won't let me go out.

"Can't we go sightseeing or at least eat ice cream? I thought Dante said you had to do what I tell you!" "That was before the tequila escapade," one of the guards mutters. "I didn't expect you to run crying to Dante right away. Admit it, you had fun too," I say.

They remain silent. No answer is also an answer.

Sighing, I get up and am about to go to the kitchen when the doorbell rings. "Can I open the door?", I ask Dumb and Dumber before they shout at me that I can't. "No!", Diego says and walks past me and opens the door.

"Salve, sono qui per Lorena. Vuole che le faccia compagnia", says a pretty girl.

Diego slams the door in her face and takes his phone out of his pocket. "Hey, that was really rude of you," I say and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Don, there's a girl standing outside the mansion who says she's here to keep Mrs. Russo company." "I don't know her name." He opens the door and asks the girl for her name. "Daniela can I now-" before she can finish her sentence he slams the door shut again.

"Diego!" I call out. He continues to ignore me and then ends his phone call. He opens the door for the third time and lets the girl in. "Finally, I could have waited inside while you were on the phone with Dante, couldn't I?" she says annoyed and rolls her eyes.

She turns to me and says with a smile: "You must be the beautiful Lorena. My goodness you have beautiful cheeks." "Um...thanks." "Oh, you must be confused and wondering who I am. Communication is not Dante's greatest strength," she says with a laugh.

Why does she know Dante's weaknesses? Should I be worried that such a beautiful woman knows my fiancé. Before my thoughts go in the wrong direction, she says: "I am Daniela Dante's cousin."

Now it makes so much sense why she looks so much like him. She also has beautiful dark eyes and hair colour. She also has a devilish glint in her eye just like Dante.

"Pleased to meet you. So you're supposed to keep me company today?" I ask as we walk into the living room. "Right! We need to discuss your wedding, dinner tonight and then-" "Wait a minute did you just say dinner? Tonight?", I ask, confused.

"Yes, the whole family wants to meet you before the wedding. Don't worry it's very intimate only about 60-70 people will be there." I think I'm going to puke. I don't even know that many people how can she say it's intimate.

"Okay from the look on your face, you had no idea. Dante really needs to start communicating better with you." I agree with her completely.

I'm about to kill him.

"Well, we have no time to lose. In about 2 hours the house will be crowded with catering and people decorating the house. We need to get you dressed up so you're ready to be presented as the future Mrs. Russo. The wife of the powerful Dante Russo."

When I'm done with him, he's anything but powerful.

—-

"Don't you think that's all a bit too much for a family party?", I ask Daniela while a hairdresser works on my hair.

"Oh, sweetheart, you're new to the family. Half the women present today are your age with men three times your age. They'll all be half naked and sucking up to you so hard you'll puke. If you don't look presentable, Dante looks bad."

"So you're telling me that if I don't look like I'm going to the Oscars, my fiancé will look bad."

"Exactly! Unfortunately, that's how this messed up world works. Men get to look dirty and worn out while their wives have to stand next to them always presentable and smiling."