Chapter Twelve

Dante

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Sicily."

Having overcome her fear, Lorena was literally glued to the window. Her whole face beams as she enjoys the sight of Italy. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. I never had to grow up with poverty. My first flight was when I was five. I don't know what it's like to starve or to be afraid of not being able to pay the rent. But luckily Lorena will never have to be afraid again.

"Earth to Dante. Hello." I see Lorena waving her hand in front of my face.

"Um, yeah we're good to go," I mumble. She just laughs and shakes her head. The urge to possess her is strong.

We get off the plane and I see my men standing ready on the tarmac. "Don, Mrs Russo.", they greet us in the unit.

"Ascolta, you're not letting my fiancée out of your sight. If she wants to go to the beach, you go with her. If she wants to go shopping, you go with her. If she wants an ice cream, you go with her. If I even hear that she didn't get something she wants, you're dead. Capito!", I shout to the group.

"Capito.", they say. 

"What? Where are you going?", confused, she looks at me with her big green eyes.

"I have work to do. If you need anything, let my men know." I run my index finger along her cheek.

"Busy. All right, have fun. I'll have mine.", she snorts and takes my finger from her face.

"Forza, andiamo.", she shouts towards my men. She walks with a swing of her hips to the black limo and gets in without giving me a glance. Seeing her so angry really turns me on in a sick way.

--

"Mio figlio, you have returned," my uncle Pedro says with a laugh. He takes my face in his hand and kisses me left and right on the cheek.

"Where is your lovely fiancée?" He looks behind me to see if she is anywhere.

"She's at the villa. I don't want her to know any of my business."

"Sì, Sì, so we have received a large shipment of weapons. Only we have a little problem, but really only a teeny tiny problem." He makes a small space with his fingers.

I see him start to sweat and his forehead begins to shine. "You know I don't like problems," I hiss. Family or not, my business has to go smoothly.

"Well, there are some weapons missing. They just disappeared, poof."

"Disappeared!" I say with a laugh.

"Gun." I reach out to Mauro, and he puts my gun in my hand.

"What are you doing?" my uncle stammers.

"Just as my guns poof disappeared, you poof will disappear. Simple!", I grin and look at him.

"No, per favore, we can look at the surveillance camera."

"Ah, why didn't you start like that. If the camera shows something good, maybe I'll just shoot one of your testicles instead of two." He looks at me with widened eyes.

"You don't have a sense of humour, do you?" laughing, I pat his cheeks and we walk together to the surveillance room.

My phone starts ringing and I say to Mauro: "Start without me. I'll be right back." He nods and I go out.

"What?"

"Boss, you said you wanted us to inform you if something strange happened."

"What? Has something happened to Lorena?", I shout.

"No, no! You just said we had to do whatever she told us to do, right?"

"Carlo, if you don't get to the point right now, I'm going to strangle you."

"We're in a bar right now and she's making everyone take tequila shots. We can't stop her from drinking and now she wants us to teach her to shoot."

"Send me the address and don't move. I'll be right there and by God, don't show her how to shoot. "

I haven't even been gone for an hour.

She will be the death of me.

--

Lorena

"The next round is on me," I yell.

"Yeah." shouts the bar.

I have rarely felt so popular. Whoever said that money doesn't make you happy never had any. I can buy all the tequila I want. What else does a girl need?

"Hector, you have to have another one with me." "I think that's enough, Mrs. Russo," the older bodyguard says. 

"How many times do I have to tell you. My name is Lorena. Starts with an L and ends with a simple as that," I say with a laugh.

He doesn't laugh and continues to look at me grimly. "Well, your loss." I put my shot glass to my lip when it is snatched out of my hand.

"Hey!" I shout.

"What the hell are you doing?" a voice hisses at my ear.

"Drinking." I am turned around and look into the eyes of my fiancé.

"The idea wasn't for you to go to a bar with my men and get drunk. Couldn't you have gone shopping?"

"I'm going shopping. I'm shopping for tequila can't you see?" I point to the bar behind me. "Hector said he had to do what I wanted. Right?" 

"That wasn't my idea. I swear, Don." Hector raises his hands innocently in the air.

"Boo, Hector. I thought we were friends," I say sulkily.

"Vieni. You've had enough to drink for one afternoon."

I lean forward and whisper, "You know what I feel like doing right now baby?" His eyes darken and he looks at me with a hungry gaze.

"Oh, what do you have in mind, principessa?" I lean forward so our lips are almost touching and say.  "To run away." I push him away and he stumbles slightly. Laughing, I pull open the door to the bar and run out.

"LORENA!", I hear Dante scream.

Uh-oh, I'm going to get in trouble. I don't know if that scares me or makes me horny. I think it's a mixture of both.

"You know you run like a snail. I didn't even have to run." He grabs me by the hips and turns me to face him. I press my body against him and look deep into his eyes. "You caught me." "Yes." he says and kisses me.

His lips were soft and moved deliberately. He kissed me back with mounting hunger. He kissed his way from my mouth to my ear, gently licking around the small diamond stud before sucking my earlobe into his mouth.

"Okay, okay, that's enough. We're on the street," I moan and try to push him away.

"You wouldn't have it any other way," he says before claiming my mouth again. We make out for a few more minutes before I push him off me for good.

"I'm still mad at you," I say, pouting.

"Ah, was the tequila party a rebellion." He gently grabs my chin and squeezes lightly. "Lorena, I don't have time for your games. I have a kingdom to run and I don't have time to babysit my unreasonable fiancée. Now be a good girl and go home with Hector." He presses a hard kiss to my lips and hands me over to Hector.

Speechless, I look at him. "You're an asshole," I say with a snort. I turn around and leave with Hector. My future husband can kiss my ass.